Elementary Children’s Ministry Director, McFarlin Memorial United Methodist Church – Norman, Oklahoma
McFarlin Memorial United Methodist Church is a congregation whose vision is to change lives that change the world. The staff members are guided by the teachings of Colossians 3:12-14, and are called to be servant leaders who embrace the values of commitment,
cooperation, compassion, and kindness as they serve God, each other, and the congregation.
We are seeking an Elementary Children’s Ministry Director to plan and implement all aspects of a Elementary Children’s Ministry of a growing church with an average worship attendance of 1,100 located next to the University of Oklahoma. The Director would
work closely with other age-level ministry areas and senior staff to determine the direction and execution of Elementary Children’s ministries that live out the vision and mission of the church. This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Executive
- Create and manage all aspects of elementary children’s ministry to include Sunday school, curriculum development and implementation, and communication
- Organize and recruit leadership ministry team; provide direction, spiritual oversight, strategic planning, and coaching for team members
- Directs staff and volunteers for all elementary children’s programming
- Coordinate children’s aspects of worship to include children’s messages, worship planning, and stewardship efforts
- Work in collaboration with Director of Early Childhood in planning and execution of annual events to include Vacation Bible School, Promotion Sunday, Fall Festival, Beautifully Made PJ Party, Easter Egg Hunt, Mother’s/Father’s Day appreciation, etc.
- Plan and lead elementary events and programs that integrate the spiritual formation of children with that of their parents
- Serves as primary curriculum resource for Wednesday children’s programming
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a preference for a graduate degree in a field related to Children’s Ministry or Education
- Minimum of three years experience in Children’s Ministry
- Large church experience preferred
For more information or to apply, please contact Michael Andres, Executive Program Director, at email@example.com. All applications must include a cover letter and resume.