Ingleside Baptist Church, in Macon, GA, is seeking a new leader to serve as our next High School Pastor. In a nutshell, we want an experienced leader who loves students, has a passion to reach the lost, is dedicated to involving the family in ministry,
and can contribute on a fast-paced team.
Planted by several North Macon families in the fall of 1951, Ingleside has grown to be the home of over 4,100 members with just over 2,100 in attendance during our weekend services. We have three Sunday morning worship services. Our 8:30
a.m. service is traditional while our 9:40 and 11:00 a.m. services would mostly be characterized as blended to contemporary. Plans are in the making for a band-driven contemporary service in the fall of 2014. We are grateful for the Lord’s blessing of unity
and health and have been faithfully led by our Senior Pastor, Dr. Tim McCoy, since 1989.
Macon, a town full of southern charm and antebellum architecture, contains around 155,000 people and is about an hour drive to Atlanta. Due to its rich history, dating all the way back to Native American civilizations, Macon, located in
central Georgia, along the I-75 corridor, is regularly mentioned as a cultural epicenter for Georgia. It is a town that loves food, sports, and music and is in the throes of a very intentional revitalization. Put simply, it is full of opportunity for ministry
and is a great place to raise a family.
The right candidate will have:
- A completed or near completed religious Master's degree
- 3 + years of full-time student ministry experience
- A team - oriented approach to ministry both on the staff and volunteer level
- Excellent speaking ability
- Administrative, organizational, and communication skills
- A "Whatever it Takes" mentality about building and serving the body of Christ
- A "growth bias" that reveals an ongoing "healthy discontent" with the number of disciples we reach
Primary responsibilities include:
- Pursue ministry leadership that bolsters the whole church discipleship process which leads people to: Come to Worship, Grow in a group, Serve in the Body, and Go with the gospel.
- Serving on the Next Generation Team in a way that fosters good coordination across all age group ministries as well as ongoing input and leadership of our comprehensive family discipleship plan.
- Recruiting and training 45+ leaders to serve in small groups, with the student band, as greeters, in hospitality, and with production.
- Leading a full time assistant and two interns.
- Planning and teaching in our weekly Sunday evening 654 Service.
- Providing leadership and curriculum support to Sunday afternoon and Wednesday evening small group leaders.
- Plan fun and engaging events that bring students from a variety of schools together to build unity and reach lost students.
- Develop and maintain the High School Ministry budget with wisdom and responsibility.
- Plan and lead a variety of retreats, North American and international mission trips, camps, and fellowship events.
- Spend time outside of the normal 9:00 - 5:00 day building relationships with students and families.
If you are interested, please send the following 3 items to Andy Johnson, Next Generation Team Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Resume with picture
- 5 references