Position: Full Time Assistant Pastor
Crossing Community Church (Crossing) is seeking to hire an Assistant Pastor to use his passion, experience, and relationship with God to help our Church fulfill its vision. This position will work closely with the Pastor and elders to help our people grow
in the likeness of Christ and to equip, send and serve our Church family into their schools, communities, and workplaces locally and globally, as God’s Ambassadors and messengers of His grace.
Crossing began in 1977 and is located in Newtown, Bucks County Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia. We are an elder-led body with approximately 200 in Sunday attendance. Although we are unaffiliated with any denomination or churches, we partner with
other like-minded churches as opportunities arise.
The position will report to the Pastor as overseen by the Council of Elders.
Goal: To implement Crossing’s purpose, vision and values as expressed in our “Equip, Send & Serve” strategy.
The primary responsibilities will be, but not be limited to:
- Lead, motivate and equip the people of our Church to recognize and grow into the ministry opportunities God is providing in their lives.
- Coordinate, assist, and support assigned ministries within the Church to insure consistency with the Purpose, Vision, and Values.
- Develop or create pathways and structure by which visitors and attendees move closer to God, the Church’s people, and our ministries and mission.
- Identify, train and mentor new leaders and volunteers, teach as needed, and assist with pastoral care duties.
Meets the Biblical qualifications for Elder in Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3.
- Knows God and His Word: Exhibits a passion to know God intimately, a thorough knowledge and command of God’s Word, and a desire to teach and see it applied.
- Spiritual maturity and disciplines: Leads a Biblical lifestyle including a joyful adherence to spiritual disciplines.
- Passion for Ministry: A demonstrated energy, passion, and initiative to equip, motivate, and lead God’s people to understand and accomplish their role in bringing Glory to God and expanding and strengthening His Kingdom.
- Spiritual formation: A desire to see himself and others conformed to the image of Christ and achieve their full ministry potential.
- Servant: Eager to serve selflessly and to create opportunities for others to serve.
- Humility: Exhibits a teachable spirit and a willingness to learn from others and effectively work well with them.
- Proven job experience and mentoring in discipleship, planning, motivating, and helping people move away from being consumers of ministry to being participants in ministry.
- Appropriate degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
Compatibility and fit with Crossing’s culture.
- In strong agreement on all points of Crossing’s Constitution, Purpose, Vision, Values and beliefs including Biblical inerrancy, clarity of the Gospel, eternal security, and dispensationalism.
- Enthusiastic affirmation of Crossing’s identity and ministry strategy: non-denominational, elder-led, free grace, evangelical, organic, mission oriented.