newhope church, a rapidly growing multi-site church located in central North Carolina, is a diverse body of believers seeking to share the transforming gospel of Jesus Christ through the vision of Reach, Teach, and Release. We are thrilled
that God has opened doors for our community of faith to become one church in multiple locations with greater potential to fulfill the vision and reach those far from God. The existing newhope campuses are in various geographical locations,
including our women’s prison campus and Kenya campus.
We are currently seeking an individual to fill the Children’ Pastor role at newhope church. This position is designed to provide leadership in equipping the families of newhope
church to nurture their faith by partnering with parents to provide strong children's and student ministries, strengthen marriages, support and encourage single parents and blended families, help develop healthy, God-honoring families, and intentionally
reach unchurched families in the community. This pastor will work alongside the children's ministries team of newhope church to provide excellent care and quality Christian environments for 750-1,000 children (birth - 5th grade) to experience
God on Sunday's at newhope church Central campus, and provide global leadership to children's ministry teams at all the newhope campuses.
Applicants should be passionate about focusing on the following areas of emphasis:
hopetown children’s ministry at Central Campus
- Provide oversight and leadership development for hopetown campus directors through weekly meetings and one-on-one mentorship, evaluation, encouragement, and training.
- Coordinate with Central Campus student ministry leaders to assure quality transitions between children’s and student ministries.
- Oversee Central Campus children’s ministry budget
- Training Central Campus small group leaders and encouraging relationships between families and small group leaders to enhance spiritual development of kids, possibility through quarterly vision nights.
- Recruiting, training, and appreciating hopetown Central volunteers
- Working with family ministry production team to ensure quality large group worship environments on Sunday mornings at Central Campus.
- Provide vision and leadership to Sunday staff team to create environment of excellence.
Multi-site development and Global children’s ministry team leadership
- Be a part of the selection, training, and leadership development of directors for future multi-site children’s ministries.
- Be a part of campus launch team which provides oversight and leadership for development of children’s ministry spaces at future multi-site campuses.
- Work alongside other campus directors and creative team to select and edit curriculum to provide comprehensive Biblical teachings for children birth – 5th grade.
Marriage and Parenting Ministries
- Provide oversight and leadership development for marriage and parenting ministries at all campuses through volunteer leadership for yearly parenting and marriage workshops, retreats, and events
- Work alongside other hopetown campus directors to provide regular quality outreach events to reach families in the community.
- Ensure outreach component of all family ministries programs and events to intentionally provide opportunities for newhope families to
invest and invite others.
Applicants should have:
-At least three years vocational ministry experience with a positive track record of leadership with results in ministry contexts
-Attention to detail and administrative gifting
-Ability to communicate well in both large and small group settings
-Ability to develop and lead volunteer leaders and staff
-Spiritual maturity and commitment to personal integrity
-Be a self-starter with a commitment to excellence in ministry
-Have a passion for children and families, and for reaching those far from God, teaching the Word of God, and releasing fully devoted followers of Christ
Interested applicants should submit:
1. Updated resume
2. Recent photo, including family photo if applicable
3. Two professional references and two personal references
Please submit this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.