Benevolence Ministry Manager
Princeton Alliance Church
20 Schalks Crossing Road · Plainsboro, NJ 08536
609.799.9000 x16 · princetonalliance.org
To begin the candidate process, email resume and salary history to email@example.com
The Benevolence Ministry Coordinator is responsible for supporting all Benevolence Ministry programs and initiatives under the leadership of the Community & Global Outreach Pastor. This is a full-time, in-office position.
Reports to: Community & Global Outreach Pastor
Works with: PAC Staff and Key Ministry Volunteers , Cars Ministry Coordinator (PT)
Hours: 40 hours per week with expectation of consistent in-office hours M-Th 9am-4pm giving flexibility for evening and weekend meetings and events.
Leadership: Demonstrates a character of personal and spiritual integrity.
Cooperation: Desires to build the body with enthusiasm and integrity, and can cooperate with staff while demonstrating a positive attitude.
Administration: Possesses strong administrative and organizational skills, and exhibits attention to detail. Displays the ability to administratively manage several simultaneous projects/tasks.
Creativity: Plans, evaluates and responds with creativity while drawing the best of the same out of all those around him/her.
Excellence: Works with a personal commitment against mediocrity, and skillfully calls all those around him/her to apply their best effort and unique contributions to the team.
Authenticity: Cares for people and communicates a genuine interest in them.
Growth: Demonstrates a desire for life-long learning, and exhibits traits of walking with Jesus.
Attitude: Reflects a servant attitude and heart for the ministry. Embraces the mission, vision and membership of Princeton Alliance Church.
Personal Development (5%)
- Pursue personal/spiritual development through active listening and authentic
- Pursue professional development through a variety of resources such as publications, building relationships with others in benevolence ministries, and conferences/seminars as needed
- Meet with the Community & Global Outreach Pastor regarding personal development goals and accountability
- Discharge all duties in keeping with a holistic, healthy and balanced life
- Support the vision and strategic plan of the Ministry rooted in the mission and vision of PAC: Knowing God, Developing Community and Bringing Hope
- Model and mentor PAC’s core values: Generosity, Authenticity, Excellence, Creativity and Expectancy
- Ensure Ministry office coverage, Monday through Thursday, 9 am–5 pm & Friday -1pm
- Assist with developing and supporting short- and long-range ministry planning by assessing situations and creating viable solutions
- Manage the Ministry budget
- Manage Cars Ministry Team Coordinator to ensure timely processing of donated vehicles, part orders and client-owned vehicle repairs
- Independently think and take action on issues within the job
- Arrange and accomplish ministry in a timely and orderly fashion
- Attend and contribute to required team meetings
- Display proper judgment and decision-making skills
Volunteer Team (50%)
- Facilitate the growth and development of the Ministry volunteers
- Train and equip key ministry volunteers
- Share administrative knowledge and skills with peers to promote excellence and efficiency
- Hone the client evaluation/intake process for greater clarity and efficiency
- Develop the team which will respond to Ministry clients on a daily basis:
- Answer questions
- Assess needs
- Provide resources such as food, clothing, gift cards, external sources
- Refer for financial counseling
- Encourage and pray with clients
- Support volunteer event coordinators as needed, including but not limited to, the Thanksgiving event, Back-to-School event, and Christmas event as well as food drives
- Ensure upkeep of the Ministry database
- Regularly communicate with the Community & Global Outreach Pastor on victories, challenges and dreams related to the Ministry
- Ensure promotion of ministry activities through a variety of communication sources such as the weekly worship folder, the church website and community venues
- Recognize the mission and needs of other ministries and assist in their completion as related to the Ministry
- Practice timely, complete and confidential communication
- Build genuine and effective relationships with staff, volunteers and the congregation