The Christian Education/Children’s Ministry Director provides overall leadership and support for Lazy Mountain Bible Church’s (LMBC) children’s ministry programs and mission by igniting and encouraging a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ and to make Him known.
The Christian Education/ Children’s Ministry Director responsibilities include:
- Oversight, evaluation, selection, development and implementation of curriculum according to the LMBC Doctrinal Statement
- Coordinate with the Youth Ministries, Adult Ministries, and Worship staff to ensure a comprehensive scope and sequence in our Christian Education that will spur a desire for personal Bible study, prayer, scripture memorization, and worship.
- Monitor, develop and administer all safety and security processes within LMBC’s Protection Program, staying up to date on needed policy changes, and clearly communicating the Policy through training to staff and volunteers.
- Direct, recruit, train, pray for, equip and encourage Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers to facilitate Sunday School and other Children’s Ministry programs and special events to bring families together or draw in unreached children.
- Coordinate purchase and distribution of teaching materials for all Children’s Ministry programs, birth through age 10.
- Maintain a current list of substitute teaching staff and also fill in for missing teachers when needed.
- Be available to counsel and pray with children and parents regarding spiritual matters.
- Provide oversight to the Early Childhood/Childcare Coordinator and program.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional study and growth through conferences, workshops, and professional journals.
- Manage the Resource Room and teaching resources.
- Oversee the church library by reviewing donations and additional library resources, directing library volunteers, and promoting library utilization.
- Create and effectively manage the Children’s Ministry budget.
- Keep the church membership informed of Children’s Ministry programs and events through announcements, notifications, the church website, etc. and finds ways to inform the community of participation opportunities. Maintain the Children’s Ministry section on the LMBC website.
- Participate in church staff meetings, staff prayer times, retreats and trainings.
This position reports to the Lead Pastor and is authorized to take any action to carry out the responsibilities assigned by the Lead Pastor, so long as such action does not deviate from established policies and represents sound judgment. Such responsibilities should be completed in a manner that fosters teamwork amongst other LMBC staff with love, patience, and kindness in mind at all times.
Competencies & Expectations
LMBC is searching for a Christian Education and Children’s Ministry Director with the following attributes:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a high level of self-motivation devoted to knowing Jesus Christ and making Him known.
- A passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Values consistent with that of a Christian including, but not limited to love, patience, kindness, and a heart for service.
- Completed a minimum of two (2) or more years of educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies, or a related field.
- Work experience in a Christian setting teaching Christian principles, or comparable service. A minimum of three (3) years is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at prioritizing projects.
- The ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
- The ability to understand and keep current on issues related to safety and security.
- An effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate a computer and efficiently use computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet.
- Member of LMBC (or will become a member of LMBC, if not already).
Salary for the Christian Education and Children's Ministry Director position is dependent upon experience.
Please email the following to CEexcellence@lzymtn.com:
- Your vision for Children’s Ministry
A Note from the Senior Pastor:
I want you to know my heart about this position. In this position YOU will be leading one of the KEY FRONT LINE MINISTRIES of our church.
The key attribute for this position is that you are a front line ministry leader who can cast a compelling vision for Children’s Ministry and you are GREAT at working with volunteers and leading them.
Our desire is to invest significant time, talent and treasure into the Children’s Ministry in our church and in our community. You will be leading us. Please, before you apply, pray and seek the Lord and be sure this is who you are and who God has made you. Are you the person God is calling to this position?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
Lazy Mountain Bible Church
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Elementary Program LeaderCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Lazy Mountain Bible Church
Lazy Mountain Bible Church (LMBC), Palmer, Alaska, was founded by people who came to Alaska to serve Jesus Christ and to advance the good news of His Gospel. LMBC is an independent non-denominational Bible-based church serving approximately 600 regular worshipers from Palmer, Wasilla, the surrounding Matanuska-Susitna Valley, and beyond. The purpose of LMBC is to honor God by winning others to Jesus Christ in our community and throughout the world; building up Christians to live pleasing to God; and equipping believers for ministry. At LMBC More...