Kingsway Christian Church is looking for an additional Worship Leader to join our Worship Team! This person will mainly be responsible for leading worship in one of our adult worship venues and overseeing worship in our Student Ministry. Job Details below.
**To be considered for this position all applicants must go to www.kingswaychurch.org/connect/employment to submit an online application, resume & video/audio of themselves leading worship. Applicants without these three items will not be considered.**
worship associate | worship leader
FLSA: Exempt | Full-Time
Responsible to: Worship Team Leader
Mission and Purpose: Responsible for leading in adult worship venues & overseeing worship for Student Ministry.
- Attend and contribute to worship planning meetings, representing students and adult venues needs, resources and volunteers during the programming process.
- Serve as Worship Leader on rotation in adult venues.
- Partner with Worship Team Leader in researching new music and musical trends in a worship context.
- Partner with Worship Team to identify and meet non-weekend worship needs.
- Leading 5th – 12th Grade worship ministry programs, including vision, strategies, song repertoire and volunteers.
- Contribute to weekly team duties, including meetings, staging development & shepherding.
- Partner with Technical Arts to ensure that technical and volunteer needs for student & adult venues are met.
- Attend and contribute to weekly rehearsals.
- Lead, shepherd and develop worship teams (including worship leaders, band & vocalists).
- Coordinate program elements in alternate venue, including communion, baptism or creative service elements.
- Pull or create appropriate rhythm charts for the band.
- Transpose lead sheets.
- Arrange parts for band/vocalist.
- Planning Center – update and upload musical content and schedules.
- Manage copyright compliance for entire worship team.
- Outfit musicians with necessary technology.
- Maintain instruments and equipment.
- Bachelor degree in Music or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years experience of music leadership required.
- Proven experience in the following areas of skill:
- Musical competence in instrumental and vocal performance, arranging and music theory.
- Ability to listen to recordings and transcribe vocal parts.
- Ability to transpose.
- Competency in leading from an instrument.
- Band directing and orchestration.
- Basic AVL experience or ability to learn.
- Basic knowledge of worship ministry processes – administration, scheduling, technical arts or the ability to learn.
- Physically able to maneuver heavy equipment (at least 50 lbs.) and comfortable with heights above 20 ft.
- Cooperative spirit and good relational skills.
- Is a good role model whose biblical lifestyle and conduct set an example for family, staff and volunteers in speech, life, love, faith and purity (1 Tim 4:12, NIV).
- Must be a member of Kingsway Christian Church, or willing to become a member.
- Exhibits a strong walk with God through a cultivated relationship with Jesus Christ.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Associate Pastor of MinistriesBethel EC Church
- Dixon, Illinois
- October 24
Director of Worship ArtsCalvary Community Church
- Manteca, California
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Kingsway Christian Church
Growing Christian Church in the Indianapolis west suburbs.
Our Vision - Kingsway… a place where the lost and broken are transformed by the love of Christ.
Our Mission - To lead people who are far from God into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ