Velocity is a growing five year old church plant that cares about our city and people far from God. We’re looking for a Creative person, ready to work hard and lead our worship team and creative arts ministry to the next level. The accepted applicant should
also be ready to lead other teams connected to our Sunday morning experience. We also try to show one video every Sunday and the chosen applicant should have some knowledge of Final Cut, or be ready to learn how to shoot and edit video.
Check out our website and youtube page for an idea of who we are:
Please submit a video or recording of you leading worship along with your resume.
• Provide and oversee areas of Creative Arts ministry at Velocity Church;
• Lead the Sunday morning worship team;
• Oversee and develop teams related to Sunday morning;
• Work with our lead pastor to develop creative elements for our Sunday morning worship services.
• Shoot and edit videos (or learn to) for our Sunday morning services;
• Oversee our church website- including uploading podcasts;
• Serve as a pastor to people in our church;
• Do anything you are asked to do – even if you think it’s crazy;
• Learn cutting edge creative ministry for our culture
The Creative Arts Pastor will have some formal training for ministry, and some experience in a variety of ministries in a local church setting. He/she will possess, or be developing the following:
1) A team player; We need someone who will do whatever it takes to help make the church successful;
2) HIGHLY relational. This intern must be willing to understand youth culture, specifically urban youth culture;
3) A person of moral purity, that he/she would be “free from sexual immorality” of any kind;
4) A person of integrity, and a demonstration of those character qualities that are represented by the list of the
fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23
5) and a willingness to continue to grow in the development of such characteristics;
6) A person who has a daily prayer and personal devotion time;
7) A basic understanding of the nature and operation of Velocity Church;
8) An understanding that lost students really matter to God and to us; and
9) A person whose goal is not to be “cool” but has a heart to serve and help people reconnect with God.
1) The Ministerial Intern will conduct himself/herself in such a way that his/her behavior, speech and attitudes
represent a high standard of holiness;
2) He/she will demonstrate a strong sense of loyalty to members of the church's leadership team,
endeavoring to be cooperative in the carrying out of his/her ministry tasks;
3) The Ministerial Intern will keep the Lead Pastor apprised of his/her where-abouts at all times during those
times he/she is considered to be "on duty";
4) He/she will keep regular work hours which will include time for prayer and study. This schedule will be
approved by the Lead Pastor, and determined according to the availability of hours in relation to other
5) Keep careful records for all activities related to his/her ministry assignments; and
6) Maintain faithful attendance and good work attitude at regularly scheduled worship services.