Student Worship Leader
newhope church, a rapidly growing multi-site church located in Central North Carolina, is a body of believers seeking to share the transforming gospel of Jesus Christ through the vision of Reach, Teach, and Release. For the third consecutive
year, newhope church has been named to the 100 Fastest Growing Churches in America by Outreach Magazine, this year rising to 5th in the nation. We are thrilled that God has opened doors for our community of faith to become one church in multiple
locations with greater potential to fulfill the vision and reach those far from God. The existing newhope campuses are in various geographical locations, including our women’s prison campus.
We are currently seeking the next GREAT Student Ministries Worship Leader at our Central Campus to lead the middle and high school ministries at our main campus and to oversee and develop a strong worship arts team for our student ministry.
The Student Worship Leader will:
Report directly to and work in relation with the Student Pastor in planning, implementing and leading the congregation in faithful, effective, engaging and relevant Worship of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Student Worship Leader will lead with humility and
excellence in order to stay fresh and faithful in the high calling of leading worship, as well as encouraging his/her team members to do the same.
The Student Worship Leader will be responsible for investing time and energy into all student worship participants. This involves recruiting, developing, training, encouraging and motivating volunteer and lay leaders for the student worship band and tech team.
Student Worship Leader Main Weekly Responsibilities:
• The Primary Goal/End Result/Reason for hire is to get students to engaged and worshipping Jesus Christ.
• Primary responsibility is to provide music and creative elements for dynamic worship celebrations.
• Prepare and lead worship teams for weekly worship celebrations
• Work with Student Pastor and Student Production Manager to plan and execute worship celebrations that are relevant with music, video and other elements that compliment the message.
• Coordinate all artistic elements for each service
• Schedule and conduct weekly worship team rehearsals
• Prepare chord charts, Nashville charts, copies for songs, production sheets and miscellaneous equipment setup for rehearsals and celebrations.
• Communicate the vision to volunteers and articulate expectations and evaluate performance.
• Stay on the cutting edge of culturally relevant worship music and methods while introducing new, inspiring songs to the ministry.
• Schedule and Prepare content for Planning Center Online (transitions, spiritual direction, etc.). Planning Center organization should resemble main worship celebrations and will be 4 weeks out at all times.
• Be visible in both worship celebrations during the teaching, as well as interacting with students, parents and adult volunteers before and after. Being engaged in the Word and visible to the ministry is a key point in gaining the trust and love of students,
leaders and parents.
• Attend Sunday Mornings Worship Celebrations as a way of continuing to be exposed to the worship culture of newhope.
Miscellaneous Responsibilities Include:
• All Staff Meetings – Attendance at All Staff meetings are critical. This is a 90-minute meeting one Wednesday each month, and gives us a chance to connect and grow together as an entire staff team.
• Student Ministry Planning Cores – Bi-Weekly meetings to encourage each other, dream and plan future events, series and elements for Student Ministries. (Day TBD)
• 4 x 4 Goals – Complete and be open to accountability by setting quarterly goals. Four big goals to accomplish each quarter. (4 x 4)
• Student Ministry Leader Meetings: Once a month leadership training with all student ministry leaders and volunteers. (Will notify when you are needed to attend)
• Student Ministry Events – Attend ALL student ministry events
Interested applicants should submit:
1. Updated resume
2. Recent photo, including family photo if applicable
3. Video link of you leading worship
4. Two professional references and two personal references
Please email & submit this to email@example.com