Fresh Start Church (fsc) is accepting resumes to fill the position of Executive Pastor. FSC is a non-denominational church located in Duluth, GA. Fresh Start Church exists to Re-vive, Re-fresh, Re-lease to Re-store people back to God. We are a church where
all people can experience the transforming power of the presence of God. We have a unique story and a dynamic vision to be used by God to bring a Word of life and restoration to the metro-Atlanta area and beyond. Fresh Start Church is a body of people whose
ultimate desire is to make Jesus famous in your life. Also, part of our vision is to add significance to your life and destiny.
We exist just for you and your long term spiritual development. That’s why every week we come together for authentic worship experiences that allow us to give God glory. We’re not just here to be another church on the block. We are committed to maintaining
a “come as you are” culture where authenticity is the defining characteristic. More than that, we are committed to seeing people’s lives changed by the radically inclusive love of God. We are passionate about people becoming all that God intends them to
be. We hope that you will discover what it means to accept the Fresh Start God has for you.
Average Weekend Attendance: 600
Position salary & benefits: To be negotiated.
Starting Date: Ready to be filled.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree: M.Div. or an M.A. in Theology/Ministry or a Masters in Business Administration (with significant ministry experience).
- D.Min. or Ph.D. desired, but not required if work experience is significant.
- Licensed or Ordained Pastor desired, but not required if working in a ministry context.
- 5 + years experience in executive pastoral ministry within a large context of church or a parachurch / nonprofit organization.
- Direct experience or management-level understanding of pastoral care, counseling, crisis intervention, evangelism, discipleship disciplines, and worship venues of 500 people or more.
- Biblical/theological training, including intercultural competencies that can inform and shape all functions of the role.
Position Purpose: The Executive Pastor reports to, and works side-by-side with the Lead Pastor. The role is threefold: serve Jesus, serve the church, serve the Lead Pastor. The Executive Pastor oversees the staff and manages the day-to-day
operations of the church. He serves the Lead Pastor in such a way that humbly complements the Lead Pastor’s in such a way that humbly complements the Lead Pastor's giftedness and allows him to work within his strengths. The Executive Pastor is not a successor
or a senior-pastor-in-training. He finds fulfillment in leading from the second chair, and is content to minister behind the scenes.
1. Chief of Staff. Works and collaborates with the entire staff and volunteers to create a cohesive unit fully-engaged in ministry and building the Kingdom, reduces isolated ministry and brings all areas together to live out our vision.
a. Holds staff and ministry volunteers accountable for tasks, deadlines, and behavior.
b. Evaluates staff regularly to provide feedback and keep them on mission.
c. Leads staff meetings and collaborates with Lead Pastor for direction.
2. Property and Development
a. Oversees development team for property and buildings.
b. Creates team with various gifts and skills to guide FSC into the future.
c. Provides Lead Pastor and board feedback, timely updates, and resources needed in order to make informed decisions
3. Ministry & Organizational Oversight
a. Brings a discerning eye to ministry development within the church.
b. Guides staff in making each ministry and outreach better.
c. Leads follow-up evaluations and brings that information to future planning.
d. Develops new staffing and volunteer structures that support church health and growth.
e. Coordinate with the other directors/pastors to create cohesive responses.
f. Provide increased emphasis and management-level coordination for discipleship and pastoral care as a cross functioning unit for efficiency and growth.
Skills and Passions
- Passion for people, vision and commitment to help intentionally develop the spiritual climate of the church.
- Knowledge of theory and practice in the field of spiritual care and pastoral counseling, Biblical interpretation, and Christian theology.
- Excellent organizational, managerial, problem solving, oral and written communication skills.
- Self-awareness and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to encourage a range of spiritual and intellectual styles and develop leaders to minister.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- Ability to learn procedures, retain information, and present one’s self in a professional manner that reflects the goals and mission of Fresh Start.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of FRESH START CHURCH.
- The ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands.
Please send resumes along with a photo. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. FSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability,
or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.