Crossroads Church exists to be a life-giving church introducing people to Jesus and helping them develop a full life as followers of Christ. The growth strategy we encourage is relational through engaging worship, connecting through small
groups, serving others inside/outside of Crossroads, and impacting those around us by sharing our lives with them. More information about Crossroads Church can be found on our website at crossroadsavon.com.
Crossroads Church is currently accepting applications for Children’s Pastor. We are seeking a Godly leader to oversee our large and growing children’s ministry. This person will provide direction to the children’s ministry team as they create, implement
and maintain ongoing ministry and who has a strong pastoral shepherding heart for children from birth to 6th grade.
- A track record of leading effective children’s ministries
- A passion to recruit, train and equip ministry leaders (There are currently over 100 volunteers serving in our children’s ministry on Sunday mornings)
- Organized person who can create structure in leadership development and training
- Able to develop and participate in discipleship opportunities outside the Sunday morning time frame like summer camps, parental training, preparation for baptism, and children’s events
- Passionately love children
- Endorse and support of Statement of Faith as stated at crossroadsavon.com
The Children’s Ministries Pastor is responsible for enriching and growing the ministry to children from birth through sixth grade and their families. The primary objectives are to recruit, train and equip ministry leaders, to reach and disciple children,
and provide resources for parents and families to help them develop positive Christian homes. This includes providing leadership, vision and coordination of all facets of children’s ministry.
- Oversee all aspects of children’s ministry, birth to sixth grade with the goal of providing excellent programming that attracts and teaches each age group.
- Recruit and equip teachers, leaders and workers for children’s ministries
- Provide programs and counsel for families with children: including parental training and resourcing
- Communicate consistently with parents through various channels as well as provide the tools they need by providing resources and assisting them in becoming spiritual leaders in the home
- Help develop and oversee curriculum selection process (Currently
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget for all children’s programs
- Manage the Safesitter program and oversee childcare for ministries
- Be an active and participate on the pastoral staff team, giving support and ideas when needed
- Participate in other pastoral functions as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Be a mature, committed follower of Christ maintaining personal and spiritual development through regular time in the Word, prayer, accountability and active in a Crossroads small group
- Exhibit professionalism in demeanor and relationships
- Has genuine warmth and care for the people around them
- Open to change, has a teachable spirit, wants to improve, grow and likes to work collaboratively
Please send resumes to Larry White at