Fortress Bible Church is a non-denominational church located in Tarrytown, NY right in heart of Westchester County. We are about 25 miles north of New York City.
We are currently seeking a full-time Worship and Creative arts Pastor to join our team. Our church recently moved into a beautiful theater here in Tarrytown that seats over 800 people and we are looking for the right person to come in and lead our praise and worship experience. We are looking for an anointed, high energy and super talented worship pastor that will oversee all aspects of our praise and worship ministry, creative arts and also can serve as part of the teaching team.
Our praise and worship experience is a mixed bag of music styles. It would be awesome if some of the artists on your IPOD right now included, Hillsong Young and Free, Planetshakers, Israel Houghton & Jesus Culture. We are looking to engage a highly artistic demographic and integrate them into our worship culture.
- Must be able to lead vocally and play a lead instrument, either guitar or keys. (Preference will be given to you if you play both, or if guitar is your primary instrument.)
- Must be able to lead a team of volunteers. Some are paid and some are not.
- Must be willing to be led of the Spirit but yet understand and comply with the boundaries set forth by our Senior Pastor.
- Must have a working knowledge of chord sheets, lead sheets and is able to direct musicians as well as vocalists.
- Has working understanding of pro-tools, pro-presenter 5, Apple products, sequences and is able to create click-tracks for use in our worship service.
- Can work with the Senior Pastor to add creative elements to the service such as dance, sermon illustrations, special guests and other creative ideas that enhance the overall experience for our church.
- Has an eye for creativity and can implement creative elements quickly.
- Must be willing to submit to the core values of our church as outlined on our website.
- Must be willing to be an active member in our community and understand that church doesn’t “stop” when we leave on Sunday’s.
10. Must tithe regularly.
11. Must have a sense of humor.
12. Must maintain regular office hours.
13. Must submit to a background check.
14. Must have at least 3 years of worship leading experience in a church of 100 or more people.
15. Must have some form of musical training.
16. Must be willing to live in Westchester NY.
It would be great if:
- You had a degree in music.
- You were married.
- You already lived in the New York City metro area. (All applications from the NYC area will be considered first)
- You could start right away
- You loved the New York Yankees!
*If you believe you’re the right person for the job, we encourage you to send us your resume. Only resumes with a picture and a video sample of you leading worship will be considered. Please no resumes without a video of you leading. All resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter and state why you believe God is calling you here. We will take a few months to review all resumes and we will contact you if we would like to take the process forward. Please no phone calls to our church office.
*This is a full-time position with a competitive salary package.
*Must submit at least three references.
For more information about our church, visit our website at www.fortressbiblechurch.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Creative Arts PastorFusion Bible Church
- Durant, Oklahoma
- December 10
Director of Worship Music ArtsIrvington Presbyterian Church
- Fremont, California
- December 9
Worship Pastor (Campus Ministry) - Part TimeJourney Church
- Denver, North Carolina
- December 9
PastorOne God Ministry
- Fairfax, Virginia
- December 8
Worship Arts DirectorArmitage Baptist Church
- Chicago, Illinois
- December 8
Fortress Bible Church
Fortress Bible Church is a non-denominational Christian Church located in Tarrytown, NY. Our mission is to rescue people in darkness and bring them into the light of Christ. We are loving God, loving people and changing the world. More...