Auburn United Methodist Church is seeking an enthusiastic person to lead their vibrant and dynamic youth ministry. Auburn UMC, located in Auburn, Alabama, one of the fastest growing communities in Alabama and located one block from Auburn University is a
congregation of over 4,000 members with a youth ministry that reaches over 400 youth through discipleship groups, Sunday School classes, retreats, mission projects and other events. This person should have the necessary skills to enable the youth of Auburn
UMC to fulfill its mission to “Offer Christ, Nurture One another and Serve All” both in the Auburn Community and throughout the world.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, committed to spiritual disciplines which foster continued spiritual growth.
- Must be able to relate, nurture and accept youth of all ages.
- Must be willing to support the Auburn UMC’s mission to the Auburn community and the world.
- Must be dependable, outgoing, flexible, punctual, honest, trustworthy, and self-motivated.
- Must possess a proven ability to work with youth, parents of youth, diverse individuals and teams of volunteers.
- Must be willing to embrace the United Methodist doctrine.
- Must have 3-5 years experience in leading a large youth ministry.
- Must have an undergraduate degre, seminary education a bonus.
- Promote worship at AUMC by attending regularly and encourage the AUMC Youth to worship at Auburn UMC
- Develop and maintain procedures which support Auburn UMC’s Safe Sanctuaries policy.
- Encourage volunteerism in the AUMC youth ministry by equipping, nurturing and supporting volunteers
- Any other duties agreed upon with the church leadership based on the person’s gifts and calling.
- Work with the church leadership to prepare and oversee the Youth Ministry budget.
- Maintain active and timely lines of communication with the youth and parents of youth as well as the ministry team of AUMC.
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other church staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume to John Fox, Program Minister, Auburn UMC, email@example.com
Please submit a video, no longer than 10 minutes, of your speaking and working with youth on YouTube (private or public) or DVD.