Hamilton Mill United Methodist Church (http://www.hmumc.org) is a young and rapidly growing church in the suburbs north of Atlanta—an area known for its excellent schools and nationally recognized park systems
for running, walking, and family leisure. In 2013, the Church had an average weekly worship attendance of more than 1100.
Hamilton Mill UMC is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries to lead the student ministry by encouraging, equipping, and empowering students (6th -12th) to grow as disciples who lead others to Jesus Christ, by nurturing a sense of clear Christian
identity in students, and by teaching and supporting parents to do the same.
The Director of Student Ministries will join a team of student ministry staff and dedicated volunteers to implement a vision and long-term goals for the student ministry.
A strength of the student ministry is the relationships that make up the community through a strong small group ministry that students and small group leaders find valuable, life-giving and deeply personal. One result from these relationships is the spiritual
depth of the students. Students grow through worship, small groups, large group teaching, service, and retreats. The student ministry isn’t interested in merely making converts. Instead, it is focused on making fully devoted disciples of Jesus.
Hamilton Mill UMC has partnered with Youth Ministry Architects for the past year to put sustainable systems in place. A Student Ministry Design Team works alongside the student ministry staff to implement the strategic, long-term vision. In one year, structures
and processes to support ministry have been established in the following areas: communication, attendance and reporting, guest integration and assimilation, volunteer recruitment and development including results-based job descriptions, a parent ministry,
a seven year curriculum to illustrate the spiritual development each student will receive during their time with Hamilton Mill Student Ministries, compliance policies, and control documents.
The responsibilities of the DSM are:
- Ensuring relationships are built between the student ministry volunteers, the students, and their families by shepherding them and helping them develop their own relationship with Jesus Christ
- Coordinating and supervising of all full and part-time student ministry staff and hands-on adult volunteers
- Creating an atmosphere of belonging and fellowship where emerging spiritual and leadership skills can be developed
- Implementing the student ministry programs including Sunday morning worship, small groups, Wednesday night worship, outreach projects and special events
- Integrating the student ministry into the life of the congregation in which students are serving in leadership roles so that there is cohesion and connection with the rest of the church ?
Qualified candidates should have at least 5 years of ministry experience with a minimum of 3 years in leadership, preferably in a large church, and be strong in relationship building, communication, administration, ministering to parents, and team building.
Candidates should also have a proven track record of success in empowering, developing and equipping a large team of volunteers. This person should be theologically aligned with Hamilton Mill UMC and exhibit professionalism.
Resumes with a cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.