Ministry Title: Worship Leader
Reports To: Senior Pastor
FLSA Status: Part-Time Exempt Salaried
Time Required: Approximately 12 hours per week
Primary Objective: Hope Church desires to exalt God with worship that is reverently directed toward God, understandable and relevant to the worshipers, and performed with excellence.
1. A growing Christian, deepening his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others
2. Considers this position a ministry
3. Experience in music leading, program design and implementation in a contemporary worship setting in a multiple staff church
4. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
5. The ability to:
- Lead congregants as a group into God-focused worship. Ability to engage the congregation in singing/worship.
- Help churched and unchurched people connect to God
- Relate and work well with church staff and lay leadership as a key member of a cohesive team
- Exhibit versatility with a variety of styles of music
- Harmonize the gifts of participants of various talent levels with an attitude of both excellence and grace
- Lead ministry teams spiritually and musically
- Recruit and train musicians to be involved in the worship teams that will include, but may not be limited to weekend, special and/or offsite worship services
- Model standards and expectations of leaders within Hope including membership, worship attendance, tithing and generous giving, serving out of a call of giftedness and lifestyle marked by purity and humility
6. Evidence a commitment to the Hope Church Statement of Purpose, Beliefs, Mission, and Philosophy of ministry.
7. Support the evangelical theology for which Hope UMC Church stands.
Responsible for the overall leadership, design, implementation, and execution of Hope Church’s worship ministry.
1. Collaborate with the senior pastor, 9:00 a.m. service/music director, and other worship staff in composing and arranging elements of the worship services in a way that contributes to all elements of the services.
2. Select weekly music pieces and distribute written music to musicians and vocalists.
3. Provide musical and spiritual leadership and development for the instrumental and vocal elements of worship services.
4. Recruit, train, and lead musicians and singers for worship services.
5. Plan, lead, and oversee weekly rehearsals for musicians and vocalists for worship services.
6. Serve collaboratively with others for worship services.
7. Provide spiritual leadership to all that participate in the worship ministry. Encourage high standards of spiritual commitment and musical excellence in participants.
8. Manage the budget within the worship ministry.
9. Develop a personal plan for continued growth/expertise in areas of responsibility.
10. Carry out other assignments as given by the Senior Pastor.
1. Reports directly to the senior pastor.
2. Works in collaboration with the 9:00 service/music director.
3. Coordinates with other members of the church staff.
Annual evaluation to be initiated by the senior pastor.
Compensation commensurate with experience and time required.