1. Gift of Teaching
2. Heart for Children
5. Team Development skills
1. Develop and oversee a comprehensive plan for Children’s Ministry.
- Develop and oversee new ministries in line with the mission and vision of our church.
- Partner with parents and the community to meet the needs of our children.
- Develop a vision for our children to be involved missionally in the community.
2. Oversee Children’s Ministry team members.
- Provide leadership, spiritual oversight and coaching for ministry team members
- Develop a Children’s Ministry recruitment strategy to recruit and maintain volunteers for all areas of children’s ministry.
- Provide resources and training opportunities for volunteers to minister effectively to children.
3. Oversee ministry and discipleship areas of the Children’s Ministry.
- Oversee Promise Land.
- Oversee Club 45.
- Oversee Drill Team.
- Oversee Children’s Outreach.
4. Develop and oversee Children’s Ministry Summer Camp.
- Organize summer camp with age appropriate skills development.
- Recruit leaders to facilitate the summer camp.
- Identify someone who can eventually lead the summer camp.
5. Oversee Children’s Ministry Special Events and Activities
- Oversee Parent’s Night Out.
- Oversee Fun Day.
- Oversee Children’s Ministry Open House.
- Oversee the planning of holiday and annual activities.
6. Oversee all administrative functions of the Children’s Ministry.
- Oversee Children’s Ministry calendar and budget.
- Oversee the distribution of curriculum and supplies.
- Create systems to upgrade the security and safety of our children and team members.
- Screen and conduct background checks of potential team members.
- Communicate regularly with parents and team members regarding schedules, events, changes.
7. Oversee children’s ministry component of family ministry.
- Work with family ministry leadership team to develop home centered family ministry model.
- Research and/or write curriculum for grade levels.
- Recruit and train facilitators for classes.
- Develop celebration ceremonies for each class.
- Establish guidelines to evaluate and measure effectiveness of family ministry.
- Work with Student Pastor to create alignment between student and children’s ministries to support families.
- Partner with parents in the spiritual formation of their families to create missional families.
- Build and maintain relationships with parents.
8. Actively pursue continuing education through attending seminars, conferences, and classes that would strengthen the ministry.
9. Develop a process to periodically review the Children’s Ministry curriculum to ensure it meets our vision of image-based, interactive learning.
10. Minister to those under Children Director’s oversight in times of bereavement or loss and celebration or accomplishment.
- Comunicate losses and illnesses with church administrative assistant.
- Call and pray with members.
- Attend funerals.
- Make hospital, nursing home and home visits.
- Attend special events like graduations, ceremonies.
11. Lead or participate in a small group.
12. Live according to the moral qualifications of elders in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
13. Do anything else deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 22
PASTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIESEcclesia Hollywood
- Hollywood, California
- January 22
Kids Ministry Leader (Pastor)Private Profile
- Hayward, California
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21