OF DISCIPLESHIP & FAMILY MINISTRY
We are growing a family of loving disciples who celebrate Christ in everything! The pastor of discipleship and family ministry will be responsible to work together with the lead pastor in equipping this body of believers to transform our community with the love of Christ by growing a highly relational church of small groups that works effectively with young families.
1. To shepherd people toward loving and trusting Jesus in everything as a personal example.
2. To provide equipping and encouragement to small group shepherds and pastor care in team leadership overseeing: small groups, youth, children’s and young family ministry.
3. To invest his life in connecting people to Christ through relationships at the core of all he does.
A. DISCIPLESHIP - SMALL GROUPS:
1. To promote the church’s vision of providing love, acceptance and encouragement through small group ministry by discipling small group leaders into Christ-like loving maturity that is revealed in their relationships and lifestyle.
2. To oversee the recruiting, training, and supervision of all small group coaches and shepherds; developing leaders that reproduce effective shepherds and compassionate servants.
3. To assist in seeing our groups develop a stronger missional focus for ministry and evangelism.
4. To develop an effective process of assimilating new attendees into small groups.
B. FAMILY MINISTRY:
1. To lead our family ministry of equipping believers in marriage, parenting, children and youth discipleship programs. To facilitate the development of leaders who serve in these areas.
2. To assist the church in connecting young families deeper into Christ and our faith family.
3. To direct a process for helping members discover and fill their place in ministry in the church and community.
4. To assist the lead pastor by sharing 15% of the pulpit teaching on Sundays as well as sharing in other pastoral ministry opportunities as needed.
We are looking for a man with a deep love for Jesus, matched with a passion and skill for developing people to fulfill Christ’s purpose in life. One who practices a passionate daily worship of God that overflows in life and ministry throughout the week. We seek a sincere transparent servant capable of teaching and equipping others to do the work of ministry. He will have significant leadership experience with a history of productive ministry in leadership development in both small groups and ministry teams. He will be a capable teacher of the Word with clear communication skills and with effective administrative abilities. We prefer someone with a degree in a ministry-related field. This person will be committed to pursue and abide by the character qualifications of 1 Tim 3:8-13.
We value our pastors and their families, encouraging a healthy balance between work and family. This ministry position is a full-time position requiring an investment of 45 hours per week. Compensation will depend upon abilities, experience, and education. Our benefits include: housing allowance, vacation, medical and life insurance. We reimburse staff for professional expenses and provide for attendance at an annual conference.
CONTACT: Pastor James Downing by e-mail at james @jpbible.com.
Website: jpbible.com No phone calls prior to our contacting you regarding your resume.
Our address is Jerome Prairie Bible Church, 2564 Walnut Avenue, Grants Pass, OR 97527
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Associate Pastor of MinistriesBethel EC Church
- Dixon, Illinois
- October 24
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Jerome Prairie Bible Church
JEROME PRAIRIE BIBLE CHURCH PROFILE:
Christ is our life. We are a loving family of 200 believers growing in our ability to celebrate Christ in everything we do! Love motivates our ministry, guides our relationships, and compels our connections with our community and our world. We are here to bring Him glory with great joy.
We believe discipleship happens best in small groups. We currently have 14 small groups which provide More...