The Children’s Ministries Director is responsible for casting vision, implementation and oversight of all children’s programs and events for ages, birth through Fourth Grade and the Special Needs Program, through the facilitation and equipping of leaders,
teachers and assistants so they can effectively teach the word of God and apply it to the needs of today’s child.
Spiritual Characteristics ~
- Meets the character requirements of an Elder (1 Tim. 3).
- Demonstrates godliness and strong spiritual discipline.
- Demonstrates and active, growing relationship with Christ.
- Believes in and is committed to the biblical and theological culture of the church
- In agreement with CVCC Statement of Faith.
Personal Characteristics ~
- A love for children and their unique role within the church.
- An ability to work within a team environment and to develop and work with staff and lay leaders in order to maximize gifting and talents of the body of Christ.
- An ability to function joyfully under constituted authority.
- A clear commitment to spiritual, personal and professional growth.
- An ability to function gracefully under pressure.
Professional Characteristics ~
- Experience in recruiting, training, planning, managing and delegating.
- Ability to teach and communicate God’s Word in a meaningful way to children of all ages.
- Must be a self-starter, strong motivator, organizer and team player.
- Strong experience in children’s education and event planning required.
- Strong basic computer skills and proficiency, Word, Excel, Power Point and a capacity to learn new software required.
Education and Experience ~
- Bachelor’s Degree (Christian Education or Biblical Studies) from an accredited 4-year university, MA preferred.
- 3-5 Years Children’s Ministries Director experience in similar size program to include curriculum oversight and development, recruiting and equipping volunteers, partnering with parents, developing age appropriate instructional environments for kids.
- Develop and champion the vision for Children’s Ministries by partnering with parents in the spiritual development of children from birth through 4th grade in alignment with church vision.
- Recruit, develop and provide equipping and encouragement for Children’s Ministries staff, paid and volunteer.
- Manage, oversee, and staff programs for Sunday mornings, midweek and special events.
For more information about this position and to receive our application packet, please contact our Pastor of Family Ministries, Jason Andrews