Compass Church is looking for a Worship Pastor to lead and grow our Worship Team. The primary function of this role will include weekly leadership from the platform. The successful candidate will provide creative development and direction for services. The
new Worship Pastor must have experience building teams as well as pastoring, recruiting, and developing volunteers. This position is looking to be grown to fulltime in the future based on the needs of the church and the candidate’s strengths, passion, and
The Worship Leader will be responsible to plan and execute all weekend worship experiences as well as frequently leading the midweek student worship experience. They will lead rehearsals on a weekly basis as well as regular service evaluation meetings with
the Lead Pastor. They must have proven leadership ability as they will lead the worship as well as recruit, train, and coach volunteer instrumentalists and vocalists.
Compass Church has a long history of excellent worship leaders and is looking for a candidate who is looking to join in with a replanting church.
JOB DESCRIPTION/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work alongside Lead Pastor in developing service order
• Work with Creative Team to develop creative elements for sermons
• Assist in the oversight of weekly service production
• Oversee execution of volunteer roles within the worship service
• Assist in creative development and set up of platform / sanctuary
• Develop song schedule
• Schedule/Rehearse bands each week
• Lead worship every Sunday Morning, and special services?(I.E. Christmas, Night of Worship)
• Help train and develop musicians
• Recruit/Audition new musicians
• Develop the song base, learn and teach new music
For more information you can contact us at Transition.Team@CompassChurch.com. Please send cover letter, resume, and any audio or video links.