Lawson Assembly of God, a strong and vibrant church in Lawson, Missouri, is looking for a worship/youth pastor to join our church staff. Lawson Assembly is a church of 275 people located just 20 miles from the Kansas City metro area. Our Youth/Creative
Arts Pastor has recently been appointed by the Northern Missouri District Ministries to serve as the District Youth Director.
The youth pastor position includes the oversight of the Junior High, High School and Young Adult ministries. There is a healthy mix of “church family” students and students from outside the church. The group currently runs between 25-35 in the high school
and junior high groups, and 20 in the young adult area. The responsibility for this role includes:
- Planning weekly youth worship services
- Developing and growing student leadership
- Working with a team of youth sponsors
- Formulating small group moments for teenagers
- Overseeing weekly Bible study and Sunday School curriculums
- Creating strategies for evangelistic opportunities
- Preparing graphics/media to promote youth events
- Encouraging the students to use their gifts church-wide (strong in Fine Arts)
- Providing missions opportunities (both domestic and foreign)
- Creating a healthy environment for our students to grow healthy relationships
- Providing oversight of the leaders serving in the Young Adult ministry (which has solid leadership in place).
The worship pastor will oversee all areas of creative arts and media for the church. The church has a host of talented musicians and singers…a dream situation for any worship leader. The requirements of this role include:
- Leading worship proficiently from guitar or keyboard
- Having a congregational heart towards worship (no rock stars)
- Creating worship encounters that flow and give room for the Holy Spirit to move
- Teaching harmony to vocalists
- Planning weekly worship services with the Pastor
- Holding weekly worship team rehearsals
- Scheduling teams and specials
- Training and mentoring worship teams/ band members
- Maintaining and training all technical and media volunteers
- Having a strong understanding of sound systems and media processes
- Operating proficiently in a Mac environment
- Preparing seasonal dramatic and musical presentations
- Keeping and maintaining a library of worship music
If we are able to find the right person to fill both of these positions, then the compensation package will be commensurate with the scope of the job, as well as the experience, and expertise of the individual. With this in mind, we are open to receiving
resumes for the youth pastor and worship pastor as separate positions.
The church is in a strong financial position with no debt, as well as a history of a strong commitment to missions. We have excellent facilities including a gym, and resources to support a vibrant and growing ministry. Our Assembly is also known for its
exciting worship, friendly people, powerful preaching, strong ministries and the "best kitchen committee" in the Assemblies of God. Our ministries reach out to a whole host of needs.
This person will need to have excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and the leadership abilities to provide oversight of ministry teams in a growing church. This individual will need to demonstrate a heart for God and a compassion for people.
The compensation package for this position includes a very competitive salary, a very nice parsonage, health insurance, vacation pay, FICA match (which is a ministerial Social Security match at 7.65%), an excellent working environment, a ministry budget,
and a great church to serve in.
Our Lead Pastor Roger Cook, and his wife Linda, came to Lawson in August of 2002. Pastor Roger is a 1987 graduate of Southwestern Assemblies of God University, and a 1994 graduate of the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary with the Master of Divinity
If you are interested in this position, please contact Pastor Roger Cook at email@example.com.