First Baptist Church Morristown, TN is seeking a full-time Director of Facilities. FBCM is an active Southern Baptist church that has seen exciting growth in the last seven years, including membership, attendance, finances, and facilities. We have over 2,000 members and an average attendance of 1,200 for worship. We are looking for an individual who has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a call to ministry through facility management, Biblical people service/servant skills and the vision and skills to implement a proactive facility stewardship plan.
Job Requirements include:
- Active membership and involvement in a local church;
- Minimum High School graduate (College or technical degree preferred). Three years documented multi-staff supervisory experience. Five years in property, facility, custodial, or related experience, including at least three years in multi-building property/facility management;
- Proficient in basic building maintenance and mechanical skills, including: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC operation, fire/security systems, tools and custodial skills;
- Ability to perform strenuous and continuous physical work, including heavy lifting over 50 pounds with complete mobility in building and grounds activities;
- Ideal if certified by National Association of Church Facility Managers (NACFM) or similar qualification;
- Have or willing to obtain CDL certification on personal time;
- Standard computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Strong planning, organizational, scheduling, delegation, evaluation, and analytical skills;
- Self-starting motivation, reliable, punctual and regular in attendance.
Detailed Position Description is available upon request. Compensation will be competitive and dependent on qualifications. Medical insurance and other benefits provided for employee. Some moving assistance also offered.
Morristown is located in East Tennessee, one hour from Pigeon Forge, in the foothills of the Smokies and adjacent to Cherokee Lake, which is a 35 mile long lake managed by TVA. Morristown is a wonderful place to raise a family.
If you sense God’s calling and desire to explore this ministry opportunity, please e-mail 1) a personalized cover letter including your call to ministry through facility management, description of your leadership style, why you are interested in this position, and what makes you stand out from other candidates;and 2) your resume, including at least three references (previous supervisor, subordinate, and volunteer ministry co-worker) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer, you may mail to FBC Morristown, Director of Facilities Search, P.O. Box 1899, Morristown, TN 37816. We will accept resumes until the position is filled by the person God is calling. We will notify candidates for whom a telephone interview is requested.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
First Baptist Church Morristown
First Baptist Church Morristown is “A Place Where You Can Belong” alongside warm, friendly and caring people who are enthusiastic about what God is doing in our midst. We are a church that believes in Preaching the Word, Reaching the lost, Growing in Christ and Glorifying God. We seek to reach and care for people through 1) options in musical worship while staying true to God’s Word, including both contemporary, traditional and blended worship; 2) an active missions program, with many local, nat More...