The Student Pastor will lead the Student Ministry in alignment with the doctrine, mission, values and strategy of Grace Fellowship. He will creatively disciple students and equip parents through Legacy Milestones. The student ministry consists of more than
150 students and a committed core of leadership. The Student Pastor will lead a ministry staff including a Girl’s Ministry Leader, Ministry Assistant, and Interns.
The optimal candidate will have significant experience demonstrating ministry growth and a passion for students. He will teach God’s Word effectively, lead with excellence and creatively seek to reach students from the community. He will work alongside the
Administration of Berean Christian School, a ministry of Grace Fellowship and located on our church campus, to engage students in the Student Ministry. BCS consists of approximately 250 Middle and High School students.
Additionally, this candidate must be able to build student leadership teams and partner effectively with parents equipping them to be the primary faith trainers of their students. Ideally, the candidate will be familiar with Shift by Brian Haynes and the Legacy
Milestones Strategy, as well as Grace Based Family Ministry by Dr. Tim Kimmel.
The Student Pastor will meet regularly with the Family Pastor and with the entire Family Ministry Staff for development, coordination and implementation of ministry strategies.
- Self-starting nature and spiritual maturity; a proven record serving in ministry.
- A consistent track record of Christian character, love for the Lord and others, a teachable spirit, and faithfulness in carrying out assigned tasks.
- An attested call to leadership in ministry, including: teaching, nurturing spiritual growth and leadership development.
- The position of Student Pastor should be ordained, commissioned or licensed in order to carry out specific ministry functions, services or ceremonies.
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited University and in pursuit of an M-Div degree.
- 5 years vocational ministry experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in Student Ministry within a medium to large church
- Committed to his family and equipping the next generation.
- Have a wife who is equally passionate about student ministry.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and able to maintain strong relationship with students, parents, church staff, congregation and community
- Understand Student ministry fits into a bigger picture of Family Ministry. Student ministry is to come along side parents, to help, encourage, and reinforce what is being taught in the home. Student ministry partners with children’s ministry in a strategic
plan for 1st through 12th grade. Each ministry builds upon the other to accomplish core competencies of Scripture and service.
Interested parties should:
- Submit resume along with picture of yourself and family in PDF format to
- Submit a video of your teaching or provide internet link for viewing
- Submit 3 personal reference letters in PDF format from current or former co-workers/supervisors
- A detailed job description is available.