Job Listing • Youth & Family Pastor • Lawton EMC
Who we are...
• We believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God.• A multigenerational, family-focused church of about 250-300 people.• Enjoy a blended worship style.• Located in Lawton, a community of about 2,000 people in Southwest Michigan, approximately 25 minutes
from downtown Kalamazoo. Our community provides us with good opportunities as a church to spread the love of Jesus to those in need.• Currently focused on shepherding as our primary initiative for 2014.• Members of the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches (formerly
the Evangelical Mennonite Church). For a full history visit fecministries.org.• Two active youth ministries of about 30-40 students total, a thriving AWANA program, and many other ministries.
Apply for this position if you...
• Are passionate about teaching the Word of God as our youth and family pastor. • Meet the Biblical qualifications for being an elder described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.• Are in agreement with the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches Manual of Faith
and Practice (available at fecministries.org) and the by-laws of our congregation (available at lawtonemc.com).• Desire to work on a team of elders in casting vision and direction for our church body.• Are excited to support our 2014 initiative of shepherding.
• Are excited to get involved in the lives of kids, teens, and families within our church.• Have 3 years of ministry experience (preferred).• Have at least a Bachelors Degree in a Bible related field (preferred).
Relationships - Maintain a close, personal relationship with God. Maintain proper priorities by putting Jesus Christ first, wife second, children third, and the ministry fourth. Invest time into developing as an elder shepherd. Seek opportunities that will
enable personal and church growth.
Shepherding - Share in the church’s vision of shepherding and discipling in the image of Christ. Remain accountable to the Lead Pastor and the Elder Team. Become actively involved in shepherding LEMC teenagers.Become actively involved in shepherding LEMC teenagers’
families. Develop a discipleship ministry.Recruit and train adults and young mentors to be part of the youth ministry staff. Serve on the Elder and Christian Education teams.
Teaching - Lead, teach, and oversee high school youth group one night a week. Lead, teach, and oversee middle school youth group (grades 7-8) one night a week. Lead high school Sunday School Bible study. Preach 4-6 times a year.
Administration - Coordinate all youth events, activities, retreats, and missions trips. At least one yearly missions trip.Create and publish a quarterly event calendar. Hold a quarterly 5th and 6th grade event. Hold at least one yearly meeting with parents
of youth. Participate with staff in overall church planning, vision, and communication. Be involved in the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches (FEC) Conference.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Full time work hours.
Please send your resume and a personal philosophy of ministry to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred) OR Ben Moore, Lawton EMC PO Box 909, Lawton, MI 49065 Accepting applications until May 16, 2014.
- Job Category: Associate Pastor
- Denomination: Evangelical
- Worship Style: Blended
Benjamin Moore email@example.com