Great Exchange Covenant Church East Bay (GRX) is seeking a part-time Pastor of Worship & Community Life who can strengthen our worship & community life ministries as we seek to be an incarnational & missional presence within the ethnic, religious, and socioeconomic diversity of our city.
STATUS: Part-time (approx. 20 hrs/week, varies by weeks and seasons)
- Mature, growing and faithful relationship with Christ. Practices prayer, rest, relational authenticity. Meets the character qualifications expressed in 1 Tim 3:8-13. Beliefs consistent with the Evangelical Covenant Church (www.covchurch.org).
- MDiv or ministry-related MA preferred.
- Willing to participate as a member in the life and worship of the church.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural settings. Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Very comfortable with technology.
- Lead Ministry: Lead, develop, organize a Sunday Worship ministry to embody GRX’s vision. Prepare and oversee ministry budget.
- Worship Services: Plan weekly worship and liturgy, in conjunction with Lead Pastor.
- Worship Team: Primary worship leader for Sunday services, including holidays and special events. Oversee song selection and musical style. Lead worship team practices. Must be able to lead worship solo.
- Setup & Production: We are a mobile church. Oversee space design, weekly setup, and all areas of production—audio/visual, lighting, etc.
- Develop Volunteers: Recruit, develop, shepherd worship band & production team members.
- Lead Ministry: Lead, develop, organize small group & other community life ministries to embody GRX’s vision. Prepare and oversee ministry budget.
- Leading & Teaching: Lead a small group. Teach classes, occasionally. Opportunity to preach, depending on interest and experience.
- Develop Leaders: Recruit, develop, and shepherd small group leaders and other community life leaders. We currently have a monthly small group leader’s meeting.
- General Pastoring: Offering pastoral care, discipleship, counseling as needed.
- Administration: Assist with general administrative needs. Assist Lead Pastor as needed.
- A church that glorifies Jesus as Lord in our city – authentically and compellingly leading people to worship, listen and pray, and commune with God.
- A worship gathering that draws people across the ethnic, socioeconomic, religious spectrum of the city to worship Jesus.
- People are biblically and liturgically shaped to live worshipfully as disciples every day.
- A ministry culture that embodies authenticity, excellence, and grace.
GRX Community Life:
- A church that genuinely embodies and is formed by the love of Christ in our relationships – including, caring for, encouraging, admonishing, forgiving, and being reconciled with each other.
- A community that is one in Christ: connected by our commonalities – but also embracing the gifts of our differences. We desire to cherish even our weaker members, and to do healthy, Christ-like conflict-resolution well.
- A community that is authentic and yet is willing to be stretched by God and each other.
- A community that does not exist merely for itself, but for Christ and his mission.
About GRX: We are a small, young, suburban, multi-ethnic Asian American church – Sunday attendance about 60 people, with adults ages 20s-40s. We are a member of the Evangelical Covenant Church. We currently meet at a local school for Sunday worship.
Our vision is to become a community of subversive suburbanites in the way of Jesus that lives to share his story of renewal and hope for our city and our world. Our vision is codified into five Vows:
- To worship God in Christ as our true and wise God, teacher, and Lord.
- To be in community marked by Christ-like love, sacrifice, commitment across cliques, cultures.
- To pursue spiritual depth in soul and character
- To gratefully repurpose our possessions, powers, privileges for the church, the poor, the lost
- To be a redemptive gospel presence in our city and our world.
Sundays: James Logan High School (1800 H St., Union City)
Office: 2811 Faber St, Union City, CA 94587
Union City Demographics:
- Race: White 25%, Latino 25%, Filipino 20%, Indian 10%, Chinese 10%, Other 10%
- Income: $200k 5%
- Religion: Catholic 60%, Protestant 15%, Jewish 5%, Muslim 5%, Other 15%
- Age: 65y 10%
To inquire, please contact Pastor Brian Hui – firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, along with your resume, please include a cover letter to introduce yourself and your philosophy of ministry, and also a musical & vocal sample recording.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19
Elementary DirectorRiver Pointe Church
- Richmond, Texas
- October 19