The Director of Development and Stewardship will create and manage a comprehensive development program to increase annual revenue for ministries. This Director will develop programs and strategies to identify, cultivate and track potential members who can
make a significant current or planned gift to Cornerstone. Personally manage and solicit a portfolio of members who give or are capable of giving significant gifts to support new and ongoing ministries. Additional support and programs launched to support financial
stewardship within the congregation.
We are looking for someone that has a passion to help Cornerstone make an even larger impact in the state of Arizona. Someone who is comfortable and will partner with CEO’s, CFO’s, Executives and Business Owners, someone who is not afraid of making the phone
calls and reaching out for meetings.
Implement Planned Giving Program
- Lay the groundwork and implement an effective planned giving program.
- Supervise and coordinate events as needed
- Use research and creative techniques to identify potential new sources of support, establish new methods for engaging major donors, and help coordinate and manage volunteers in support of stewardship programs.
- Coach Pastoral staff on effective Planned Giving techniques.
- Work with Executive Pastor to create persuasive, compelling and informational materials to present to selected members.
- Cooperatively assist the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastors to advance willingness and capability of board members to participate in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of key members.
Develop and Cultivate Relationships with Leaders
- Create and execute strategies for key members, overseeing all stages of member relationships including cultivation, solicitation and after care.
- Personally manage and solicit from a portfolio of members who are capable of giving by clearly presenting a case for support using tactful persuasion, follow through and closure necessary for achieving success.
- Manage a portfolio of financial leaders prospects to cultivate, solicit, and steward
- Join Lead Pastor in strengthening 40 relationships already established through shared meetings and personal communication.
- Inform Executive Pastor and Executive Director of Operations when major gifts or planned/deferred gifts potentials are identified and how they will be utilized.
Establish Comprehensive Stewardship Program
- In cooperation with the Executive Director of Business Operations, establish a comprehensive stewardship program with short and long term objectives.
- Develop ministry dedicated to helping members of Cornerstone managing financial resources.
Role Model in Personal Life
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- Bachelor’s Degree with previous experience in Development and Planned Giving for an organization, institution or church.
- Mature and growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
- Must be a member of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship who supports the vision and values.
Important skills/personal traits
- Ability to encourage members to an understanding of the role of stewardship in the transformational life of a Christian.
- Unquestionable integrity, accountability and a strong sense of professional ethics that inspires confidence in Cornerstone members.
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups. Excels in verbal and written communication.
- Self motivated and able to work independently.
Submit resume, cover letter and any social media to email@example.com.