Hill Country Bible Church Austin is a family of believers committed to reaching people with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ. Our Counseling and Congregational Care Pastor will lead the ministries that help people during difficult times - whether it's a relationship, crisis, family or financial stress, personal struggle, habit, hurt or hang-up – so they can experience hope, grace and life-change in the context of community and a biblical grid. The pastor who serves in this role needs to be a Licensed Counselor with credentials in the state of Texas (or transferable to Texas) and have ministry experience in the context of a local church. For more information about this position, visit www.hcbc.com/employment. Qualified candidates should send their resume to Val Dugone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Success in this position will result in:
Success in our ministry area is seeing people come to faith in Christ and grow in their love for the Lord and others (Mt. 22:37-39). As people love God and love others more, we see it reflected in their lives in many ways such as:
- Choices processed through a Biblical grid; growth and wellness physically, emotionally, and spiritually
- Connecting or re-connecting with a church family (Worship & Small Group participation)
- Serving the Lord and His people in ministry
- Reconciling relationships and/or growing closer in existing relationships
Specific Ministry Results:
- Well-led Congregational Care Ministry (Recovery Ministry, Prayer Ministry and Lay Counseling Ministry) that scales with church growth and where life-change and leadership development continuously takes place
- Biblical and meaningful counseling for church members and others in our community
- Personally provide care for 15-20 clients weekly
- Effectively utilize lay counselors to provide care for another 15-20 clients weekly
- Successful service in roles expected of all HCBC pastors (ex. Minister On Call, Weddings, Funerals, Baptisms)
- Genuine commitment and participation in staff activities, church-wide initiatives, and annual planning process
- Teamwork and collaboration with other HCBC ministries
Major Responsibilities and Activities Include:
Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer team members for these areas:
- Recovery ministries
- Prayer ministries
- Lay Counseling ministry
Oversee all aspects of Celebrate Recovery including:
- Prepare and teach weekly pastoral lesson for large group CR meetings
- Arrange for guest speakers and teachers
- Shepherd CR volunteer leaders including worship team leader and group leaders
Provide 3 semesters of Griefshare & Divorce Care
Oversee all aspects of Prayer ministry including:
- Sunday Upfront Prayer Team is recruited, trained and fully staffed each week
- Intercessory Prayer Team is trained and fully staffed
- Prayer Connection (Email Prayer Team) Leadership is trained and fully staffed
Oversee all aspects of Lay Counseling ministry including:
- Recruit, train, and shepherd lay counselors
- Utilize professional counselors to present Continuing Education Credit classes at HCBC
- Ongoing supervision of lay counselors
For more information, visit www.hcbc.com/employment
About Hill Country Bible Church Austin
Our vision is that every man, woman, and child in Greater Austin has the chance to experience the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ because they hear the gospel from the lips of someone at a Hill Country Bible Church.
In carrying out our vision, we have planted 23 churches since 1996 and established an ongoing residency to train church planters.
We launched our first multi-site campus in 2009 in the Steiner Ranch community of Austin; we are one church in two locations (Lakeline Campus and Steiner Ranch Campus). We are currently laying down the ground work for our Brushy Creek Campus that is expected to launch in January 2015.
We place a high value on small groups where we seek to connect relationally, grow spiritually and reach others. Over 60% of our congregation is currently engaged in small group community, with a goal to have 75% by 2015-16.
We are committed to unity among churches and to engaging the Church of Jesus Christ in citywide issues. We have numerous strategic partnerships with churches and other organizations throughout the city to promote this goal.
Austin currently has over 1.8 million residents. Roughly 110 people move to the Austin area every day.
Austin is the third-fastest growing city in the nation, attracting large numbers of college graduates, immigrants and families with young children. For the fourth year in a row, Austin was named Forbes magazine's "#1 Next Biggest Boom Town in the U.S."
Austin is an unchurched town with less than 5% of the population having an ongoing connection to a church.
With a growing technology sector comprised of more than 200 local computer companies and numerous government, higher education, and healthcare jobs, Austin continues to lead the nation in business and employment opportunities. It is ranked #10 on Forbes’ list of Best Places for Business and Careers in 2013.
In 2004, Austin received the international honor of being selected the American Capital of Culture for its top notch museums and arts, popular culture, sports teams, and “unique happenings.” Since then, Austin has continued to develop its unique culture with new developments such as coffee shops, eccentric stores, restaurants, food trailers and festivals – many of which can be found downtown in the SoCo District.
Austin officially adopted the slogan “Live Music Capital of the World” in 1991, when research proved that the Capital City was home to more live music venues per capita than any other city in the world, including New York City, L.A., and Nashville. Austin is home of SXSW, one of the largest music festivals in the nation, with over 2,000 performers playing at over 100 venues in the downtown Austin area.
Austin experiences a constant influx of young people, with more than 70 colleges and 360,000 enrolled students within a 200-mile radius.
Austin is known for its commitment to health and fitness. The city’s push toward healthy living also provides an environment for top health care systems. With the warm climate, many residents remain active exercising outdoors near our numerous lakes (Lake Austin, Lake Travis and Lady Bird Lake), swimming holes and recreational water attractions, as well as near our lush nature trails, parks and wilderness preserves.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
General and Ministry Staff AdministratorHarvest Bible Chapel West Minneapolis
- Maple Grove, Minnesota
- December 8
Director of Missions (767615)Private Profile
- Southeast USA , North Carolina
- December 8
Missionary-English Teacher in JapanShukugawa Bible Church
- Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo
- December 7
Director, Human ResourcesChrist Church
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- December 7
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- December 7
Hill Country Bible Church Austin
Every church has its own unique personality and culture, and Hill Country Bible Church Austin certainly has some distinctive qualities. In a nutshell, HCBC is committed, compassionate, intentional, approachable, authentic, purpose-driven and passionate. We’re certainly not perfect, but our desire is to reflect the character of Jesus Christ and represent Him well to our world. We are committed to: Teach spiritual truth from the Bible Provide opportunities for spiritual growth and service Serve our community Help people i More...