Position Title: PASTOR OF YOUTH & DISCIPLESHIP
Position Summary: To oversee ministries that give attention to outreach and evangelism of the teens in our area who do not know Christ. To establish further ministries of nurture, discipleship and training for the teens who are followers of Christ. Oversee existing discipleship & small group ministries.
Position Location: MERIDEN EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH - MERIDEN, IOWA
Meriden Evangelical Free Church is located in Northwest Iowa next to the Valley of the Little Sioux River. Located on Highway 3, approximately 5 miles west of Cherokee, Iowa, Meriden Evangelical Free Church has a vibrant and growing congregation. Approximately 200 worshipers attend Sunday services and the church has experienced steady growth over the past several years. Contemporary worship, numerous ministries and members who seek God’s face make Meriden Evangelical Free Church an exciting place to be.
- His own personal devotional life.
- The recruiting, training and encouraging of lay leaders as sponsors of the Junior and Senior High youth groups.
- Have regular personal contact, including extra curricular school activities and teaching responsibilities with our youth.
- Oversee Bi-monthly meetings/outings with 5th/6th grade youth as a means of developing a rapport and transitioning them into the junior high youth group.
- Be a team player, working with the Senior Pastor, Church Boards and support staff in a true spirit of harmony.
- Shall coordinate all youth activities with the church calendar and personnel.
- Develop short term and long term goals for the youth ministries.
- Establish a consistent weekly schedule that will include regular office hours and good time management.
- Direct existing small group ministry.
- Work in conjunction with Sr. Pastor and Sunday School Superintendent in development & implementation of Sunday School curriculum.
- Support & mature existing discipleship ministry.
- Meet weekly with the Senior Pastor and be accountable to him on a daily basis.
- While your primary accountability will be to the Senior Pastor, you will meet regularly with the Church Boards and submit oral and written reports to them at their request, including, but not limited to: time management reports, financial reports, program reports, etc.
- Give oral and/or written reports to the congregation at the annual, quarterly, or any special meeting.
- Formal evaluation schedule is as follows:
First year – 2 evaluations (6 months & 12 months)
One per year after completion of 1st year
- Shall have a vital Christian experience consisting of regular habits of personal spiritual development.
- Shall meet the standards set forth in I Timothy 3: 2-7.
- Shall have a heart and a vision for the ministry to junior and senior high youth.
- Shall have the ability to teach the Word of God effectively, communicate, counsel and work with people.
- Shall have a positive, cooperative and teachable spirit.
- Shall have a real concern and love for people, especially youth.
- Shall have at least a Bible college education or the equivalent.
- Shall submit without reservation to the EFCA Doctrinal Statement. Be involved with the Central District.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Discipleship DirectorRestoration Church
- Mechanicsville, Virginia
- October 23
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Discipleship Ministries PastorBethel Church
- Fargo, North Dakota
- October 20
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Meriden Evangelical Free Church
Our purpose as a church is to simply "Love God and Love People". We get that purpose from the Bible in Matthew 22 where it says, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." More...