Purpose: This position exists to bring leadership and strategic direction to effectively administer care to the Lakeland church body, as well as oversee and direct all of Lakeland’s local and global missions partnerships. We anticipate this position will be about 75% care/ 25% missions.
Description: Lakeland believes in the core principle of everyone “getting connected” in a group setting. In those group settings individuals find support, challenge, accountability, and care while living life invested in other believers lives. We often refer to our small group leaders as small group shepherds or pastors because we see these roles as critical leaders who shepherd and care for those in their group. However, in the life of any group, circumstances sometimes arise and throw a curve ball where group leaders feel out of their comfort zone as far as care is concerned. Whatever the reason, a higher level of care is required. Because of the growth and overall size of Lakeland, the need for consistent leadership and oversight to care has arisen.
- Create a self-duplicating process for the raising up of leaders/ individuals to facilitate care at Lakeland.
- Create and maintain a process for care of those facing life crises. Ie divorce, death, illness, hospitalization.
- Provide counsel for those needing care.
- Have the ability to minister effectively to both men and women.
- Oversee the process, team, and distribution of Lakeland’s family fund.
- Oversee care provided via works of service to those in the church body with need. (example- strategy for connecting someone with a need, with someone who can meet the need)
Description: Lakeland currently has about 10 mission’s ministry partners both locally and globally. We highly value the idea of ministry partners who we can join with and do “hands on” ministry within short-term mission’s trip settings. We’ve sent teams to Hogar De Vida in Costa Rica and this year are sending a team to Moldova to serve at Stella’s Voice. Currently mission’s partners and support is determined by the Overseers and primary oversight is done by the Senior Pastor.
- Oversee short-term missions trips.
- Raise up and equip short term missions trip leaders for success.
- Maintain communication and relationships with mission’s partners.
- Create a process for small groups/ individuals to come alongside and support mission’s partners.
- Facilitate schedule and care of mission’s partners when traveling and visiting Lakeland.
- Oversee the community supper team.
- Strategically add, maintain, and evaluate Lakeland mission’s partners in concert with the Senior Pastor or Overseers.
- Submit annual missions budget
Lakeland is a non-denomination bible church located in the heart of Walworth County, WI. Its location is a blessing in the sense that it draws from all the surrounding cities. (Population of approximately 50,000 within 10 miles of Lakeland) We’re also ideally located about an hour from Madison, Milwaukee, and Rockford, IL. Lakeland’s vision is to help people to discover Jesus and experience life in Him. We don’t like to beat around the bush and play church, but instead motivate and activate His followers to go and be the church. Almost 3.5 years ago Lakeland hired it’s current Sr. Pastor Josh Amstutz. Since his arrival the church has grown from 150 to 700. Pastor Josh and his wife Lisa definitely are an attraction to young families as they have 8 young children of their own…and no they don’t home school. Lakeland has a contemporary, down to earth, edgy, raw, and relevant feel. We’re not afraid to make mistakes and take risks as the Holy Spirit leads us.
Lakeland has an exciting future ahead. But it’s not going to be any easy road. We have tons of needs and lots of structure and leadership that needs to be developed.
If the daunting task that I just painted for you gets you ironically revved up, you just might be the right person for our team.
Applicants must include a cover letter stating why they desire the position, a recent picture, as well as a complete resume with references. This should be sent to email@example.com with Lakeland Application- Care and Mission in the subject line.
This position requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The Care/Missions Pastor should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members/attendees and for regular communication with the church staff.
• 45k+ salary, plus benefits plan.
• Paid vacation
Check us out at lakelandcommunitychurch.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
Pastor of Discipleship and AdministrationNexStep Coaching and Consulting
- Tracy, California
- January 6
Minister of Contemporary Worship & Young AdultsFirst Baptist, Wilmington
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- January 4
Executive Director, ChristChurch PresbyterianChrist Church Presbyterian
- Atlanta, Georgia
- January 3
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- January 3