CHAIN OF LAKES COMMUNITY BIBLE CHURCH
Position Title: Pastor of Student Ministries
Reports To: Pastor of Administrative Services
Hours per week: 45 - 48
Date Prepared/Revised: April 9, 2014
Suggested Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, administration, teaching and evangelism
Talents and Abilities: This person should have a passion for people, in general. He must be able to relate well to young people, their parents and volunteers in the ministry.
Passions: Discipleship, Evangelism, Prayer and Equipping Others
Length of Service: Indefinite
Principle Function of the Position:
The Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible for leading the church to assist parents in their God-given responsibility of providing spiritual training and guidance to their children and to develop in the youth an understanding of being disciples that make disciples. (Titus 2:1-15).
Therefore, the pastor is responsible for selecting or developing curricula, resources, and activities in conjunction with the pastors and the coordinators of children’s ministries and in collaboration with Youth Advisory Committee, aimed at the discipleship of students and parents of the church.
The Pastor of Student Ministries will work with the staff, and other leaders of the church to ensure that all ministries are consistent with the church purpose of developing a self-initiating, reproducing, fully devoted follower of Jesus.
This Position Reports To:
Pastor of Administrative Services
1. A growing, mature, Christian man who meets the biblical qualifications for a pastor/elder found
in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
2. A degree from an accredited seminary and 5 years experience in student ministry preferred
3. Firmly embraces historic, evangelical theology in general and in particular as
expressed in the doctrinal statement of the CLCBC
4. Gifted Bible teacher with ability to communicate biblical truth to students in an engaging
5. Outgoing personality and strong people-skills who must relate to all ages in general and students
6. Respect for parents and their role as the God-given authority in their children’s lives
7. Able to work cooperatively as a team-player with all members of the church staff; one who
believes in joyfully doing ministry together as a team
1. Responsible for oversight of student ministry on Sunday, Tuesday and
Wednesday evenings or as church schedule requires, which includes involving students in
leadership roles (e.g. reading Scripture, singing, playing in band, giving testimonies, etc.)
2. Select/develop/evaluate curricula and resources for Sunday morning and evening activities,
and other student events in conjunction with the pastors and the coordinators of children’s ministries
3. Conduct parent meetings at least quarterly for the purpose of encouragement, education,
information, and counsel
4. Involve parents in vital roles of Student Ministry (e.g. discipleship, worship, etc.), enlist their help with practical needs such as transportation, providing homes for fellowships,
chaperones for events, buying and serving food, etc.
5. Plan events and activities to promote strong bonds of Christian fellowship utilizing small groups
6. Plan evangelistic events that will involve our students and families in outreach to unchurched
students and families in our community and the world
7. Lead the Youth Advisory Committee in planning and conducting youth events through monthly
meetings and regular contact by email, telephone, etc.
8. Develop and publish a monthly student ministry calendar with periodic updates and weekly
promotion of events through the church website, newsletter, emails, announcements, etc.
9. Prepare and present budget requests for the student ministry to the Pastor of Administrative
Services; maintain student ministry expenses within the approved budget and provide an
accounting of budget expenses
10. Attend school events which involve students of the church.
11. Administer church policies and procedures concerning the use of church properties,
equipment, facilities, and supplies.
12. Work well with support staff to coordinate all church publicity and media productions related to
middle and high school youth.
1. Demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord of life and a desire to glorify
God in all things
2. Demonstrate priority commitment to your family and biblical leadership in your home
3. Participate as a member of the pastoral ministry team with the Senior Pastor and other
staff members in such pastoral ministries as hospital visitation, counseling, and other
needs as requested by the Senior Pastor
4. Attend weekly staff meetings and any other staff planning and development events
5. Continue to study, attend ministry related conferences/events, etc. for personal, spiritual,
and ministry growth
6. Model evangelism and a passion for the lost outside the church
7. A winsome personality
8. A unifier; one who looks for connections between ministries, people, and a way to
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- December 7
Student PastorGrace Point Church
- San Antonio, Texas
- December 6
Student Ministry PastorUniontown Bible Church
- Westminster, Maryland
- December 6
Dogwood Church - Director of Student MinistryVanderbloemen Search Group
- Peachtree City, Georgia
- December 6
AV High School DirectorHigh Desert Church
- Victorville, California
- December 6