Trinity Fellowship is a large church in a rural setting that enjoys the presence of a major university in west central Michigan. We are seeking a Children's MInistry Director who will be responsible for providing next-level leadership for the management
and growth of our Children’s Ministries.
STRATEGICALLY LEAD the Children’s Ministry department
• Grow, strengthen and expand the Children’s Ministry in alignment with the direction of the church.
• Guide the annual planning of the Children’s Ministry department -ensuring the alignment plans are implemented effectively and appropriately.
• Give direction to the ministry’s leaders and volunteers by clearly communicating the vision and strategy on a regular basis.
• Ensure a comprehensive curriculum plan exists, and oversee the selection of specific curriculum that is aligned with the church’s statement of faith.
• Coordinate the ordering and implementation of the necessary curriculum for Children’s Ministry.
• Provide teacher support and evaluation of curriculum / teaching plans for Sunday mornings and Mid-week. Solicit feedback on curriculum and effectiveness of student learning.
• Offer training on a regular basis for concrete subjects, such as teaching skills, policies and procedures.
• Coordinate and provide oversight to special events for children associated with Easter, Christmas, Children’s Choir, Child dedication classes, Community outreach events, etc.
• Attend Continuing Education courses to better understand the spiritual, emotional, cognitive, physical and social needs of children; and attend Children Ministry Conferences to be informed of trends and culture as it relates to Children’s Ministry practices
BUILD STRONG LEADERS AND EFFECTIVE TEAMS within the Children’s Ministry Department
• Develop and support the leaders and coordinators within the Children’s Ministry i.e., Early Childhood (Nursery and Preschool), Elementary (1st – 5th grade), MOPS, Midweek and Summer.
• Recruit, challenge, train and develop current and future people to become part of the Children’s Ministry team - coordinators, leaders, teachers and volunteers.
• Oversee the stewardship of people and material resources in the Children’s Ministry department, maximizing the investment of each person in the ministry.
• Oversee any other paid staff in the Children’s Ministry department, i.e., Administrative Assistant, Summer Staff.
• Ensure that conflicts and complaints within the department and staff are quickly identified and resolved in a biblical manner.
• Develop and implement a volunteer staffing plan which includes recruitment, training, evaluation, and recognition.
• Develop a Children’s Ministry Leadership Team and meet regularly with them to assess needs (staffing, space, etc.) and related issues.
• Keep an updated list of approved volunteer names.
PROMOTE AND ALIGN THE MINISTRY WITH THE VALUE OF SUPPORTING PARENTS
• Support the biblical mandate that parents have the primary responsibility to evangelize and disciple their children (provide resources and, as necessary, training for parents).
• Collaborate with other church ministries to offer family-friendly programs and events (i.e., for the whole family).
• Provide an infrastructure for biblical instruction of infants through 5th grade. (Trinity is not a place to “baby sit” but to introduce Christ and Christ-like living.)
• Promote to the congregation the value of investing in the lives of children.
• Attend weekly Pastoral Team meetings and other staff events as requested.
• Cooperate with the Sr. Associate Pastor by performing other duties as assigned.
Send a photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable), resume, and a cover letter explaining why you have interest in this position with us.
Send your information in PDF format to email@example.com