Trinity Fellowship is a large church in a rural setting that enjoys the presence of a major university in west central Michigan. We are seeking a Children's MInistry Director who will be responsible for providing next-level leadership for the management and growth of our Children’s Ministries.
STRATEGICALLY LEAD the Children’s Ministry department
• Grow, strengthen and expand the Children’s Ministry in alignment with the direction of the church.
• Guide the annual planning of the Children’s Ministry department -ensuring the alignment plans are implemented effectively and appropriately.
• Give direction to the ministry’s leaders and volunteers by clearly communicating the vision and strategy on a regular basis.
• Ensure a comprehensive curriculum plan exists, and oversee the selection of specific curriculum that is aligned with the church’s statement of faith.
• Coordinate the ordering and implementation of the necessary curriculum for Children’s Ministry.
• Provide teacher support and evaluation of curriculum / teaching plans for Sunday mornings and Mid-week. Solicit feedback on curriculum and effectiveness of student learning.
• Offer training on a regular basis for concrete subjects, such as teaching skills, policies and procedures.
• Coordinate and provide oversight to special events for children associated with Easter, Christmas, Children’s Choir, Child dedication classes, Community outreach events, etc.
• Attend Continuing Education courses to better understand the spiritual, emotional, cognitive, physical and social needs of children; and attend Children Ministry Conferences to be informed of trends and culture as it relates to Children’s Ministry practices and procedures.
BUILD STRONG LEADERS AND EFFECTIVE TEAMS within the Children’s Ministry Department
• Develop and support the leaders and coordinators within the Children’s Ministry i.e., Early Childhood (Nursery and Preschool), Elementary (1st – 5th grade), MOPS, Midweek and Summer.
• Recruit, challenge, train and develop current and future people to become part of the Children’s Ministry team - coordinators, leaders, teachers and volunteers.
• Oversee the stewardship of people and material resources in the Children’s Ministry department, maximizing the investment of each person in the ministry.
• Oversee any other paid staff in the Children’s Ministry department, i.e., Administrative Assistant, Summer Staff.
• Ensure that conflicts and complaints within the department and staff are quickly identified and resolved in a biblical manner.
• Develop and implement a volunteer staffing plan which includes recruitment, training, evaluation, and recognition.
• Develop a Children’s Ministry Leadership Team and meet regularly with them to assess needs (staffing, space, etc.) and related issues.
• Keep an updated list of approved volunteer names.
PROMOTE AND ALIGN THE MINISTRY WITH THE VALUE OF SUPPORTING PARENTS
• Support the biblical mandate that parents have the primary responsibility to evangelize and disciple their children (provide resources and, as necessary, training for parents).
• Collaborate with other church ministries to offer family-friendly programs and events (i.e., for the whole family).
• Provide an infrastructure for biblical instruction of infants through 5th grade. (Trinity is not a place to “baby sit” but to introduce Christ and Christ-like living.)
• Promote to the congregation the value of investing in the lives of children.
• Attend weekly Pastoral Team meetings and other staff events as requested.
• Cooperate with the Sr. Associate Pastor by performing other duties as assigned.
Send a photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable), resume, and a cover letter explaining why you have interest in this position with us.
Send your information in PDF format to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Kids Ministry Leader (Pastor)Private Profile
- Hayward, California
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 21
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20
Trinity Fellowship Church
To have an integrated ministry to win and to grow disciples who will show allegiance to Jesus Christ. This allegiance will be maintained daily in a prayer and worship lifestyle. This allegiance will manifest itself in the disciple's relationships, stewardship, ministry to believers and outreach to unbelievers. This ministry will be based on the model of the church as a body and will manifest that model by focusing on people in biblical unity. Each person's contribution, based on his/her gifts, will be considered vital and a personal ministry More...