This position is primarily responsible for building and delivering a faith-centered youth ministry program including but not limited to coordination of church youth activities, community events and school visitation, coordination of youth outreach and service
opportunities, and the creation and facilitation of promotional material about the youth program at First United Methodist Church in Grapevine, TX.
• Coordinate, plan and deliver an effective youth ministry program.
o Select and facilitate curriculum for Sunday School, Bible Studies and Small Groups
• Plan and provide for regular youth community events for both Middle and High School youth
• Plan and provide for regular outreach and service opportunities for both Middle School and High
School youth communities.
• Administer, manage and track the youth ministry budget.
• Develop and maintain a pastoral relationship with the youth congregation and their parents.
• Recruit, train and support an adult volunteer team to assist with the implementation of youth
programs and events.
• Facilitate, train, and maintain an effective youth leadership team.
• Plan and coordinate with Central Texas Conference Youth Missions for summer mission trips
and other outreach activities
• Work closely with the Children’s Minister to create smooth transitions for children moving into
• Lead and manage the annual Confirmation process
• Responsible to lead, manage and develop the Assistant Director of Student Ministry and Interns
• Partner with Associate Pastor to plan and sponsor the annual Costa Rica Mission Trip for 11th
and 12th graders.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Be committed to living and modeling a lifestyle of Godly integrity and humility.
• Be in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Be a flexible self-starter who is dedicated, dependable, and enthusiastic who possesses a highly
• Demonstrate passion and possess the confidence to facilitate the spiritual introduction and
subsequent growth of students.
• Have good listening skills; someone who is able to pray and play with students within healthy
• Possess highly developed interpersonal skills (both verbal and written), which allow you to
effectively communicate with students, parents, volunteers and staff.
• Have the ability to recruit, train, support and encourage volunteers to deliver quality programs
and ensure the effective use of resources.
• Possess computer skills.
• Develop and maintain a presence at middle school and high school campuses.
• Must possess outstanding organizational skills and have the ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Flexible hours, travel and overnight activities.
• Ability to drive the church van: possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Must be comfortable with public speaking.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• Music skills or playing an instrument preferred.
• Must have a Youth Ministry Certification or possess equivalent work experience.