The primary responsibility for this position is to serve Trinity Fellowship Church by providing servant leadership to the student ministry. Expectations of this leadership will include: casting vision, teaching biblically, building leaders, planning strategically, implementing ministry programs and events, developing volunteer teams, and multiplying small groups. The Student Ministries Pastor will serve as the primary pastor and teacher for both middle and high school students.
1. Set the vision for the youth ministry with a plan to carry it out.
• Create a Biblical purpose statement for the youth group including at least these three elements: evangelism, spiritual growth (which includes small groups, worship and Biblical teaching), and leadership development
• Pursue the vision and purpose through volunteers, core leaders, next-level leaders, and student leaders
2. Develop environments where students prioritize their relationship with Christ, influence their friends for Christ, and experience personal ministry.
• Create outreach programs, activities and events (evangelism)
• Plan spiritual growth environments for kids to worship, fellowship with each other, learn Biblical truths and apply them to their lives (spiritual growth)
• Plan programs, activities, events or avenues for developing students who want to reach out and serve others, impacting them with the love of Christ (student leadership)
3. Recruit and train volunteers, core leaders, and next-level leaders to help accomplish the student ministry vision and purpose.
• Meet regularly with next-level leaders and student leaders
• Build into the leadership with consistent training and equipping
• Provide annual training events or conferences for your team
4. Build a youth ministry that maintains relationships with a variety of people.
• Students who need to take their next step spiritually
• Students who are capable of becoming student leaders
• Volunteers who love to serve Christ
• Core-level leaders who enjoy leading volunteers
• Next-level leaders who are capable of leading Core-level leaders
• Parents of the students who need to understand the direction, values, purpose and mission of the ministry.
5. Plan and organize annual budgets according to ministry priorities.
• Set a budget ($60,000) that reflects the vision, values and ministry’s goals
• Set youth ministry goals and objectives annually – providing monthly action steps to the Senior Associate Pastor with a report of your accomplishments, prayers and praises
6. Network with other youth pastors of large churches.
• Meet regularly with other youth pastors, sharing ideas and gleaning from their experiences and encouraging one another
• Initiate contact with other youth pastors to pray for each other’s ministry
• Agreement with our church’s vision, priorities, and statement of faith
• At least a Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university (some Bible college or Seminary desired)
• At least four years youth ministry experience in a growing youth ministry
• Proven success in leadership replication and strategic ministry execution
• Experience recruiting, creating, developing, and deploying volunteer teams
• Experience building a youth ministry of small groups
• A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
• Self-directed, Self-starter
• Has a passion for youth ministry
• Understands youth culture today
• A strong teacher of God’s word –showing written and verbal communication skills
• A good role model
• Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
• Able to shepherd students in both a small group setting and one-on-one.
Send a photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable), resume, and a cover letter explaining why you have interest in this position with us. Be candid and convincing.
Send your information in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistryThe Bible Chapel
- McMurray, Pennsylvania
- December 7
High School/Young Adults PastorFBC Loganville
- Loganville, Georgia
- December 7
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- December 7
Student PastorGrace Point Church
- San Antonio, Texas
- December 6
Student Ministry PastorUniontown Bible Church
- Westminster, Maryland
- December 6
Trinity Fellowship Church
To have an integrated ministry to win and to grow disciples who will show allegiance to Jesus Christ. This allegiance will be maintained daily in a prayer and worship lifestyle. This allegiance will manifest itself in the disciple's relationships, stewardship, ministry to believers and outreach to unbelievers. This ministry will be based on the model of the church as a body and will manifest that model by focusing on people in biblical unity. Each person's contribution, based on his/her gifts, will be considered vital and a personal ministry More...