POSITION: DIRECTOR OF YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTRIES
REPORTS TO: PASTOR / CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry must profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and live a life in obedience to him. This person is responsible for studying, teaching and preaching the Word of God to the youth and young
adults at First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg. The ministry will concentrate on the unique concerns of the youth and young adults of the church. The director will meet with, pray with, educate and counsel the youth and young adults of our church.
1. Lead weekly evening youth groups (grades 6-8 and 9-12).
2. Conduct personal ministry with the youth; recruiting youth and discipline youth by encouraging their involvement in the youth program through Bible study and a
daily walk with God.
3. Attendance at school, sporting, and community events of youth.
4. Communicate with the congregation and the youth about the youth program and activities through the church newsletter and bulletin and through announcements at the Sunday morning worship services.
5. Attend regularly scheduled meetings of Christian Education and attend Session meetings as requested.
6. Attend Sunday school and worship services. Participate in leading Sunday morning worship on a weekly basis; be willing to preach.
7. Coordinate young adult activities through the year.
8. Develop a working calendar of youth activities and provide the youth and parents with a monthly calendar of events
9. Plan and implement a summer youth program including mission trips.
10. Preview and discuss planned curriculum topics for the youth program at monthly CE meetings.
11. Plan occasional projects, activities and/or special events throughout the year as appropriate.
12. Recruit additional youth leaders as needed.
13. Other duties as assigned by CE and Pastor.
Get application and information on the church at www.straspres.org