Centerville Presbyterian Church, Fremont CA
CPC Preschool Director
Reports to: CPC Associate Pastor for Families. Periodic performance reviews will be conducted by the Head of Staff and members of the Ministerial and Staff Relations Committee.
Job Status: Full time, exempt
The Preschool Director is a member of the Centerville Presbyterian professional staff and is responsible for managing all aspects of the Preschool including programming, staffing, recruitment, enrollment, and family engagement.
- Develop and maintain developmentally appropriate secular and religious educational material and curriculum that incorporates Christian doctrine into learning opportunities for children and families
- Develop annual budget that supports all aspects of the preschool and family programming including: a competitive tuition schedule; staffing (including training and benefits); classroom materials; marketing and events; and facility support and maintenance
- Develop a vision, strategy, and materials to promote the preschool and encourage enrollment and participation.
- Lead and mentor a staff of 2-3 full-time and part-time teachers and administrative staff.
- Observe and review staff on a regularly scheduled basis providing feedback on performance.
- Maintain a positive workplace.
- Follow all licensing regulations required by state and local authorities and enforce procedures that are required to sustain licensing.
- Maintain a safe and age-appropriate facility where children and families feel comfortable and welcome.
- Offer opportunities for potential students and parents to become acquainted with the Preschool and CPC church programs through open houses, tours, programs, events, and introductory classes.
- Actively engage students and parents to get connected into the life of CPC.
- Attend and/or organize representation at preschool and camp fairs throughout the area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- An evident faith and commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Strong supervision and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate well with staff, volunteers, and parents including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to think creatively and work collaboratively with strong organizational, interpersonal, and financial management skills with keen attention to details.
- Proficiency with basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email and Internet applications)
- Must meet Early Childhood Education requirements for California Community Care Licensing.
- 5+ years relevant experience, in similar size or larger preschool.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or similar field.
- Medical and Dental
- Regular Holidays, Vacation & sick leave per church policy.
To apply please send resumé to Matt Knapp (email@example.com).