Centerville Presbyterian Church, Fremont CA
CPC Preschool Director
Reports to: CPC Associate Pastor for Families. Periodic performance reviews will be conducted by the Head of Staff and members of the Ministerial and Staff Relations Committee.
Job Status: Full time, exempt
The Preschool Director is a member of the Centerville Presbyterian professional staff and is responsible for managing all aspects of the Preschool including programming, staffing, recruitment, enrollment, and family engagement.
- Develop and maintain developmentally appropriate secular and religious educational material and curriculum that incorporates Christian doctrine into learning opportunities for children and families
- Develop annual budget that supports all aspects of the preschool and family programming including: a competitive tuition schedule; staffing (including training and benefits); classroom materials; marketing and events; and facility support and maintenance
- Develop a vision, strategy, and materials to promote the preschool and encourage enrollment and participation.
- Lead and mentor a staff of 2-3 full-time and part-time teachers and administrative staff.
- Observe and review staff on a regularly scheduled basis providing feedback on performance.
- Maintain a positive workplace.
- Follow all licensing regulations required by state and local authorities and enforce procedures that are required to sustain licensing.
- Maintain a safe and age-appropriate facility where children and families feel comfortable and welcome.
- Offer opportunities for potential students and parents to become acquainted with the Preschool and CPC church programs through open houses, tours, programs, events, and introductory classes.
- Actively engage students and parents to get connected into the life of CPC.
- Attend and/or organize representation at preschool and camp fairs throughout the area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- An evident faith and commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Strong supervision and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate well with staff, volunteers, and parents including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to think creatively and work collaboratively with strong organizational, interpersonal, and financial management skills with keen attention to details.
- Proficiency with basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email and Internet applications)
- Must meet Early Childhood Education requirements for California Community Care Licensing.
- 5+ years relevant experience, in similar size or larger preschool.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or similar field.
- Medical and Dental
- Regular Holidays, Vacation & sick leave per church policy.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of College and Young AdultsTrinity United Presbyterian Church
- Santa Ana, California
- January 18
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorKempsville Presbyterian Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- January 11
Centerville Presbyterian Church
The purpose of Centerville Presbyterian Church is to minister the Word of God in love and action so that people will commit their lives to Jesus Christ and, growing in discipleship, will use their gifts and talents in service to the church and the world. More...