A new church in Waverly, Iowa, is looking for a FT/PT Worship Leader. Riverwood Church is holding its “Grand Opening” on Easter Sunday, 2014, so we are truly just beginning! We believe that God has a person (such as yourself) ready to help us impact this
growing, progressive small college town of 10,000 with the Gospel. We expect you to be comfortable in a young church that is focused on reaching spiritually disconnected people and helping them become a Jesus-centered community.
QUALIFICATIONS: Our Worship Leader should demonstrate Christian character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4. He or she should be creative, teachable, willing to follow, able to lead, and committed to personal
spiritual growth. While we highly value excellence, we are just as interested in your character and ability to pastor people closer to Jesus through song and personal example.
AT A MINIMUM, WE EXPECT YOU TO:
- Lead worship in our weekend services
- Have strong musical experience, and proficiency in one or more instruments such as guitar or piano
- Be a leader who raises up other worship leaders, develops our worship team(s), and recruits musicians
- Help us continually improve our Worship Gatherings
- Participate in leadership meetings and help shape the direction of the church
- Help develop teaching series and creative elements for worship
- Draft worship schedules and worship set lists for services
- Lead worship team practices
- Read and write chord charts
IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF YOU HAD:
- An understanding of basic structures of vocal harmony and could teach assigned vocal parts
- The ability to deconstruct music for inexperienced musicians
- The ability to score music charts
- Basic technical knowledge of sound system/mixing
- Your own instrument
- A sense of humor
WE’D ALSO LOVE IT IF YOU WERE:
- Passionate about artistic collaboration and outside the box thinking of arts ministry
- Open to growth and leadership in other areas (teaching, discipling others, missional living, church planting, etc.)
- Open to helping us plant other churches around Iowa
- Interested in writing original worship songs for the Church
- A Josh Garrels fan!
Salary is for 20 hours/wk. Can become FT if willing to fundraise remainder of your salary. We aren’t concerned about your age or past; we are more interested in how God wants to use you to help us connect people with Jesus.
We encourage you to poke around our website: www.weareriverwood.org. Please send resume, and a link to a video of you leading worship, to firstname.lastname@example.org.