Christian Education Director – Job Posting
The Christian Education Director (CED) will carry out the vision and mission of Mt. Zion United Methodist Church by developing actions to support the Church’s Goals. The Christian Education Director will coordinate a ministry of Christian Education with
volunteers so that children, youth and young adults are introduced to Jesus Christ and nurtured as disciples to follow Christ and to love their neighbors. This is a full-time salaried position.
- Integrity, Christian faith, character, and a model of the Christian lifestyle
- Christian values, communicated with clarity and effectiveness to children, youth, and young adults
- Self-starting, with an encouraging and enthusiastic attitude and the ability to develop positive relationships in working as part of a team
- Initiative and commitment to do whatever it takes to make disciples of Christ, especially among children, youth, and young adults
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and administrative skills
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information received as such
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, email, social media (Face book, Twitter, etc.), the Internet
- Flexibility to perform additional duties in the area of Christian Education as assigned by the pastor or Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
Education and Experience Preferences
- A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training and experience is required.
- Experience in ministry with children, youth, and young adults is preferred.
- Graduate studies in Christian Education is welcomed.
- Understanding and support of the United Methodist Church’s doctrine in all areas of faith and practice is required.
- Three – five years of experience is preferred.
Compensation / Benefits
- Salaried position of $35,000 to $45,000 per year commensurate with education and experience
- Health Insurance
- Continuing education funds
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Travel allowance
- Leave time
Please submit your resume and qualifications with a letter of desirability for this important position to Jim MacBride, SPRC Chair.
Mt. Zion United Methodist Church
122 Bayard Road
Lothian, MD 20711