Cornerstone, a Bible-based, non-denominational Christian church serving Jesus Christ for over 60 years, is seeking a Children’s Ministry Director to oversee all aspects of ministry for children from birth to fifth grade and their families. This full time,
pastor-level position has responsibility to participate with church staff in setting the vision for Children’s ministry and to empower growing faith in children through relationships and curriculum such as nursery care, Sunday School, mid-week programs, Vacation
Bible School, and special seasonal events. A lifestyle reflecting commitment to Christ is required. Strong leadership capabilities and background in education are desired for recruiting, developing, shepherding, and supporting staff and volunteers. Applicants
should forward their resumes and a testimony or statement of faith to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description Summary
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for directing the ministry that reaches children from birth through fifth grade. Working together with the professional and lay Children’s Ministry staff, the Director will lead, promote and oversee the spiritual
development of children by teaching them to: Love God and Love Others. This will be accomplished by teaching them to worship, learn the Word of God, share their faith, and participate in the life of the church and church body. The Director will also be responsible
to encourage and provide nurture when possible, to the parents of this age group in the development of Biblical parenting skills so that these young families mature spiritually.
- Leadership – Participate with church staff in setting the vision for Children’s Ministry as it fits within the overall Family Ministry. Plan, develop, staff, organize, administer and evaluate programs, events, curriculum and major components of Children’s
- Vision – Actively communicate Cornerstone’s vision for children’s ministry to families, Kids Ministry staff, volunteers and the congregation.
- Administration – Oversee children’s ministry programs including the children’s ministry budget, curriculum, recruitment and training of the children’s ministry staff and planning, promoting and organizing additional events.
- Coordination – Act as a liaison between the children’s ministry and other ministries of the church (i.e. WCPK, Discipleland, Youth Groups, etc.) Create unity among children’s ministry staff and maintain consistency of vision and theme throughout Kids’ Church
and all weekly programs.
- Evaluation – Routinely evaluate the ongoing programs of the children’s ministry and improve the ministry based on those evaluations.
- A Christian, committed to Christ and the church as the Body of Christ
- A lifestyle that reflects an authentic commitment to Christ; a lifestyle that can be modeled for children
- A desire to work with and learn from children and their parents
- Ability to motivate others and work and serve well with them
- Ability to manage time, complete assignments, and initiate new ideas and tasks
- Ability to research and implement policy and structure that promotes and enhances our Safety First attitude and environment
- Completed a 4-year degree in early childhood development, elementary education, or Christian Education
- Experience working as a Children’s director/pastor and or teaching in a school setting
This position is full-time. Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications. Health benefits are included. Two weeks of paid vacation are available upon approval of vacation dates.