The First Baptist Church of San Diego is a growing multi-generational church in San Diego California, in the University City neighborhood, about 9 minutes from La Jolla beaches. FBCSD was planted in 1869 and has been used by God to demonstrate
and announce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to San Diego and elsewhere for 145 years. We are a biblical, missional church, with a vision to make disciples people in our relational worlds, neighborhood, city and world.
We are looking for a new Music/Worship Leader to join our dynamic team!
This position could be Full Time or Part Time or a contract basis, depending on qualifications and staff team fit. Part time positions may be paired with other part-time support positions.
FBCSD is growing, and currently has about 250 regular attendees including kids. We currently have one service and expect to add a second service soon. Our current plan is that both services would be identical in style and flow. We are a multi-generational
church with lots of young families and kids and people of all ages.
We are looking for:
- A growing and faithful follower of Jesus Christ.
- A gifted lead worshipper in vocals, instrument, and ability to engage the congregation in singing and various modern musical styles.
- A talented and God gifted musician that attracts other talented and gifted musicians.
- The ability to create a celebratory environment.
- Someone who understands and considers the theological implications of lyrics.
- A music leader who can read music and lead others who do.
- A leader who can lead sigining with a band or solo.
- Knowledge of top applications, such as Planning Center, ProPresenter, Sibelius, CCLI, etc.
- Vairous other obvious duties and requirements.
Please email your resume to Pastor Scott Furrow at:
Please, no phone calls, snail mail, Facebook messages, Text Messages, Tweets, DMs, Instagrams, telegrams, etc. An old fashioned email to the email address above with attachments or links will be just fine.
We are praying for you!