We’re Looking for a Leader
We’re looking for a humble leader with a shepherd’s heart, who has a passion to help a large, rapidly growing church consistently deliver outstanding environments so our students are educated to become fully surrendered followers of Jesus Christ. As our
Student Ministry Pastor, you will lead and oversee the spiritual education and development of our students. You will recruit, train and organize our student ministry volunteers, and ensure that our student ministry is functioning with excellence, fulfilling
our God-given vision and mission.
Why A Leader?
Our church is growing quickly – and we want to ensure health and quality in our growth. We want someone who can lead and serve people with excellence and humility. You must be able to lead the way in the recruitment, organization and training of our volunteers
and teachers as you model humble, strong leadership that takes our student ministry to the next level of growth and impact.
Your Potential Impact
We take our student ministry seriously because we love and prioritize our students and their parents/guardians! You will have a key role helping develop young lives while you influence entire families for Christ. We are intentionally building a humble culture
that depends upon God, exalts Him and facilitates large-scale surrender. You will be our champion toward this end with our students and their families. You will be a key influencer in helping us create environments where God moves among our students and families
consistently, with as little hindrance as possible.
God is moving at Grace Fellowship! Nearly 400 people have accepted Christ through our ministries over the past 18 months, and hundreds more have taken deeper steps of surrender to Him. This is no exaggeration. We need a proven leader who will help take our
student ministries to their next stage of development.
We don’t want a student ministry “silo,” as if our youth were not valued and prioritized, or your role as the
Student Ministry Pastor were not vital and integral to the whole thrust of our ministries. Instead, we are approaching all the ministries of the church comprehensively, so that we are unified, moving in the same direction. Unlike many ministry models
where the youth/student ministry is left on its own, you will be an integral team player on our pastoral team, helping us implement the vision of being a church of local, regional, national and international impact.
You will be the champion of our student ministries, overseeing the spiritual development of students between the ages of 12 and 18 (seventh through twelfth grade). As our
Student Ministry Pastor, you will lead the way in screening, recruiting, training and leading our student ministry volunteers and teachers so they are perpetually surrendering to God. You will help ensure they are excellent role-models for our students
and families. We welcome creativity in the teaching process as you ensure that content is thoroughly biblical, in line with our Vision, Mission and Culture, and that delivery is exciting for young minds and hearts.
You will work in one-on-one and group settings. You will be responsible for leading, training and organizing a growing team of approximately 25 volunteers (and growing) so that they engage our students with surrendered excellence, encouraging them to be
sold out to Jesus Christ.
Whereas managers maintain systems and teams, leaders inspire, train and grow teams and organizations. We need a proven leader who will shepherd, energize and grow our Student Ministry.
People must respect you, follow you, learn from you and replicate you and your walk with Jesus Christ. They must see you as a spiritual champion of students, with a heart for God and people. Our ministry leaders need to know how to prevent conflict through
good communication, and how to resolve conflict in godly ways should it arise. You will develop and lead people by developing and overseeing curriculum, people and processes so that our students soar in their walks with God.
You must have experience educating and leading students with a shepherding paradigm. You must have experience screening, recruiting and training volunteers, and leading teams. You must have experience providing resources, education and training
so our volunteers and teachers succeed with excellence. You must love God and people and have a history of demonstrating this consistently. The ideal candidate will be characterized by humility while possessing a clear calling, passion and gifting to work
We want a leader who would be excited to live in York, Pennsylvania, and enjoy life with our incredible staff and leaders. The right person will be excited about joining our team and being part of a true work of God that is underway here at Grace Fellowship.
- Born again follower of Jesus Christ, with personal integrity and an abiding walk of intimacy with God. You must be able to take others where you have personally gone, now are, and are going.
- We are looking for a person with the character qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, because these qualifications demonstrate spiritual maturity. You must also agree with our Vision, Mission, Values, and Doctrinal Statement and be excited
about our culture, as expressed in our document “The Culture of Grace.”
- You must have an obvious love for your spouse and children (if applicable), and a clear calling, passion and experience leading students in ministry and developing teams that share the same.
- You should be in shape physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, prioritizing your own health so that you can run the race for Christ with the biblical mentality of a marathon runner.
- You must truly love people and be an organized person who is bent toward following through. It is vital that you are able to conceive, initiate and follow through with people and processes designed to spiritually equip students.
Education, Ministry Experience and Qualifications
- Genuine humility, as demonstrated by a teachable spirit and the ability to work well with others, preventing and resolving conflict.
- You must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Graduation from a reputable Bible college or seminary, with a minimum B.A. or B.S. degree. Recent graduates or students who are about to graduate from Bible college or Seminary are also welcome to apply. If you are without a degree, we will consider commensurate
- A minimum of one year of experience in
each of the following areas:
- Ministry within a youth/student ministry of at least 40 students actively engaged in the ministry, with proven success in screening, recruiting, training and leading the ministry;
- Ministry experience in a church of 300 or more (not including children and youth), with some experience with vision-casting, leadership, organization and event planning success;
- Ministry experience regularly shepherding and leading a volunteer base of at least 10 adults while serving in the above-mentioned capacity; and,
- Ministry experience creating or assisting in the creation of annual ministry budgets, or the equivalent. You must know how to anticipate and procure curriculum, equipment, and resources annually and handle additional needs that may occur throughout the
year. You must be able to help develop and work within a budget.
- A strong track record of being self-motivated, organized and successful with little supervision, yet able to work excellently with the pastors and other ministry peers and leaders.
- We want you and your family to be enthusiastic Partners at Grace Fellowship.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Successfully help a ministry to students function with excellence.
- Ensure that our student ministry succeeds in effectively leading students and families to saving faith in Jesus Christ and deep, abiding faith in Him. Evangelism and discipleship are not merely important to us – they are
imperative to the success of our student ministry.
- Develop annual strategies and teaching plans for the student ministry. Plan and oversee weekly student events, develop programs and opportunities for ministry to families.
- Coordinate special services and events and train, educate and develop volunteers for our student ministries. Create and then communicate the student ministry calendar through regular emails, phone calls, flyers, etc.
- Ensure families, students and volunteers are successfully counseled and prayed with and for as needed, to ensure the optimum spiritual health.
- Screen and recruit volunteers and staff to ensure we have the right people doing the right things in the right ways, so that our student ministry flourishes.
- Wisely implement administrative procedures and policies. Develop, post and enforce ministry policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement student ministry programs and teaching, to successfully advance our Vision, Doctrine and Culture. Lead the teaching program of the Student Ministry so our objectives are fulfilled.
- Ensure that attendance records and contact lists of volunteers, students, workers and teachers are maintained, and that information is accurately and consistently transferred to our church management software (CCB). Ensure that families, students and volunteers
are nurtured so attendance grows.
Your Next Steps
- Pray and ask God if He may be bringing us together. Please involve your spouse (if applicable) in the process.
- Submit a quality photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable).
- Submit a PDF version of your resume, with a
cover letter specifically outlining your interest and reasons for applying for this particular position.
- Submit the names and contact information of at least three (3)
ministry references who have at least twelve (12) months first-hand knowledge
of your experience as a youth/student pastor in a church of at least 300 adults with a minimum of 40 students in the student/youth ministry under your leadership.
References that do not meet these requirements will not be considered. We will not contact these references without your permission, and will only do so if we pursue your candidacy with us. We take your privacy seriously and will honor it.
- Provide video footage or podcasts of 2 or more messages you’ve delivered to
students, demonstrating your handling of God’s Word and ability to connect with them. If video is unavailable, you must provide audio samples of your preaching/teaching to students. We strongly encourage you to provide video footage,
as this will greatly enhance your chances of being considered.
- Upon further interest, you will be sent a preliminary questionnaire and be asked to complete a spiritual gifts and personality profile, to help determine your potential fit with us.
- Send your information in PDF format to email@example.com.