We are looking for someone who knows how to build a successful youth ministry, who loves reaching out to high school students who do not know Christ, who loves teaching the Word of God in creative ways to high school students, who has a
teachable heart, and works well together with others!
Pastor of Senior High Student and Young Adult (College-aged)
Revised Date: March 2014
I Position Summary:
Working under the direction of the Lead Pastor, and ultimately accountable to the Elder Board, the Pastor of Student/Young Adult Ministries will be a vital part of the staff leadership team of Riverview Church, providing primary leadership to Senior High
Students (75%) and Young Adult Ministries (25%).
II Position Responsibilities:
Senior High Student Ministry/Young Adult Leadership:
- The Pastor will provide ministry leadership for the senior high youth and young adults of Riverview Church, ensuring through relationships, ongoing programs, and special events creating a balanced ministry strategy of winning, building, equipping, serving,
and sending students for Jesus Christ. The Pastor will accomplish this by:
- Articulating a comprehensive, clear, biblical strategy for Riverview Student/ Young Adult Ministries.
- Building relationships with and ministering directly to students and young adults.
- Recruiting, training, and mobilizing an effective ministry team of both adult and student leaders.
- The Pastor will support the parents and families of youth by proactively communicating with them regarding Riverview Student Ministries and by encouraging them in their role, through personal relationships and the cultivation of parent and family ministry
- The Pastor will provide administrative leadership for the student/young adult ministries of Riverview Church including financial oversight, record keeping, curriculum selection and development, calendarization, publicity, communication and coordination
within the church.
- The Pastor will strive to unify the body of Christ and serve the community by strategically networking the Riverview Student/Young Adult Ministries with local churches and other ministries,
- The Pastor will help to develop a strategy for bridging Senior High Students and our Young Adults into the larger church community leading to a lifetime of ministry at Riverview Church.
- Specific responsibilities will include:
- Weekly Youth Night of Bible Teaching, Small Groups, Fun, and food.
- Bi-monthly (twice per month) outreach events designed to reach out to youth
- Added Leadership in our yearly Ensenada Missions Trip (leadership team already in place)
- Follow up with you by attending their school functions and having periodic times with you after school at local restaurants or hangouts where the youth pastor can connect with
the youth more personally.
- Phone all of our youth in the church at least twice per year inviting them to youth functions
- Creating a youth leadership team that would assist the youth pastor in the leadership of the
youth ministry and provide leadership training for these youth as well.
- Develop and train (by regular meetings) adult staff that can assist the youth pastor in the
ministry to our youth
- Attend the local high school weekly Christian Warriors for Christ (FCA) meetings.
- Developing ways in which our youth can participate in the larger worship and service within
- Develop a weekly young adult Bible Study/Fellowship that would be led by a team that reported to the youth pastor. Although attendance at these young adult events would
not be required for all meetings, a high presence and concern would be demonstrated by the youth pastor for the health of this ministry and the support of the adult team who led it.
- Ensure that monthly outreach events/activities are coordinated by the young adult leadership team which would be designed to give our young adults times to connect/serve with
Church Staff Team Participation:
- The Pastor of Student Ministries will serve as a vital part of the staff and church leadership team working toward the total body health and growth of Riverview Church.
- The Pastor of Student Ministries will remain flexible and willing to take on other ministry assignments according to giftedness, opportunity, and need.
- Overseeing, though not necessarily leading, any College or Young Married ministries which begin. This would include encouragement and oversight of College or Young Married Lifegroups.
III Organizational Relationships & Accountability:
The Pastor of Student Ministries will serve under the direction of the Lead Pastor, and will be ultimately accountable to the Elder Board.
The Pastor of Student Ministries will receive a formal, written evaluation each year from the Lead Pastor, in conjunction with the Elder Board.
The Pastor of Student Ministries will report and meet regularly with the staff, the Elder Board, and other leadership groups as directed.
The Pastor of Student Ministries will have oversight of all Student Ministries adult and leadership staff and be responsible for their training, assignments, oversight, and evaluation.
Through gifting, preparation, and experience, the Pastor of Student Ministries will demonstrate a proven track record of personal character, ministry competence, team commitment, relational ability, biblical theology, a commitment
to the local church, and a passion for reaching and building students for Christ.
V Work Schedule:
The Pastor of Student Ministries will serve the needs of the ministry without compulsion and with great joy. As a general guide 50-60 hours per week would be customary for carrying out the position responsibilities and personal participation in the life
of Riverview Church, with 1-2 days per week scheduled “off”.
The Pastor of Student Ministries will be allowed paid vacation of 3 weeks annually.
The Pastor of Student Ministries will coordinate office hours, days off, vacation, conferences, and any other absences with the Lead Pastor.