Direct worship at Communitas Church (http://www.communitaschurch.com)and join an expression of the Body of Christ who are dedicated to its mission to make disciples who make disciples and to embody
the mission of Jesus to seek and to save the lost.
We are an old church (established in 1882) that had a “rebirth” in 2011 as we relocated to downtown Brainerd and established a music venue/church nestled right in-between a number of local bars.
Recently we have seen rapid growth as we continue to love on our local community and have been blessed by God’s amazing grace.
We are truly excited how God is at work in this community and believe that we have only seen the slightest fraction of things to come. So join us on our mission as we are missionaries and lights to downtown Brainerd as well as the entire Brainerd Lakes Area.
THE MISSION OF COMMUNITAS IS TO GROW DISCIPLES THAT:
· LOVE AND KNOW GOD
· LOVE AND CARE FOR EACH OTHER
· LOVE AND REACH OUT TO THE WHOLE WORLD
I. Qualifications: The Director of Worship should have a working knowledge of and have had experience
working with and training the following teams/skill sets, volunteers, and staff:
A. Worship Teams
• Musician Teams
• Stage and Set Design Team
• Stage Crew Teams
• Multimedia/Technical Team
B. Pastoral Staff and Church Leadership Teams
C. Volunteer Teams
1. Lead the Communitas congregation in the passionate worship of the Triune God.
2. Ensure that weekly Gatherings at Communitas are in keeping with our mission and that they are effective,
relevant, authentic, intergenerational, multicultural and biblical regarding content, style,
structure, and design.
3. Disciple others as followers of Jesus and as to their involvement within the worship and team with
special attention to the nurturing and mentoring of musicians.
4. Be involved and be an active participant in the life of Communitas Church (i.e. Community Groups,
DNA groups, Gatherings.) and encourage team members to follow his or her example.
5. Recruit, Form and Supervise all Worship Teams
6. Develop and utilize others as worship leaders once or preferably twice per month.
7. Build intergenerational worship teams.
1. Meet regularly with the lead Pastor to evaluate prior worship services and to plan/agree on future
worship services regarding music selection and content, transitions, atmosphere, etc.
2. Seek creative opportunities to use the venue beyond Sunday mornings.
3. Manage the use of facilities and material resources.
4. Plan an appropriate budget and manage financial resources in such a way that:
a) All people accessing funds within this area, maintain receipts and coding of purchases, and do so
in a timely and responsible manner
b) All financial dealings and financial management in the Worship Ministry program is handled responsibly
in a biblical manner to accomplish the goals and outcomes of the ministry.
5. Develop position descriptions, establishing criteria for serving in various positions within this ministry
area, and providing on-going feedback and support for volunteers.
6. Provide opportunities for personal and spiritual growth/development of volunteers within this ministry
area, including biblical accountability.
7. Enlist, equip, and encourage staff and volunteers to serve in the Worship ministry, honoring each
individual’s gifts, passions, talents, style, and interests.
A. Be accountable to and supervised by the lead pastor of Communitas
B. Provide and receive ongoing feedback to/from the Pastoral staff, ministry leaders, and the leadership
teams of Communitas
This is a part time position consisting of 12 hrs a week and growing.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15th, 2014