Niblick Road Baptist Church is currently seeking a full time
Worship Pastor/Elder who will join us in making Christ known on the central coast of California. This person will lead the congregation to a heart and lifestyle of worship through strategic use of all of the elements of worship. Our picture of the
person we’re looking for is perhaps best summarized in this quote: “A faithful worship leader magnifies the greatness of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit by skillfully combining God’s Word with music, thereby motivating the gathered
church to proclaim the gospel, to cherish God’s presence, and to live for God’s glory.” (Sovereign Grace Ministries)
WHO We Are Looking For:
- A man with an authentic growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ. He is consistently committed to Bible reading, study, prayer, and sanctification as a Christian in all of life.
- A believer who hold a passionate and firm understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- A spouse/parent (if appropriate) who prioritizes ministry to his wife and children.
- A pastor/elder who not only meets the Biblical qualifications for leadership within the church (1 Tim. 3, Titus 1) but who is also growing in pastoral character, knowledge, and skill. His shepherd’s heart enables him to use his gifts to
comfort, counsel, convict, challenge, and equip others.
- A theologian whose understanding of God’s Word shapes and guides his decisions and his selection of music.
- A musician with strong vocal and instrumental ability who can effectively lead the congregation and fellow musicians to worship God through a variety of musical styles.
- A servant leader and teammate who demonstrates genuine humility as evidenced by the ability to listen to and work with people from all walks of life. He will work in joyful mutual submission with his fellow pastors/elders.
- A creative artist adventurer who consistently demonstrates a bold, creative, and missional spirit that desires to make God’s glory known.
Our Worship Pastor Must HAVE:
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree. A Master’s level degree is preferable but not required. His education should include formal training in both vocal and instrumental music.
- Significant skill and gifting in playing at least one primary instrument that can be utilized in leading worship. An understanding of how different instrumentalists work together effectively is required. Some preference will be given to
candidates who have skills in playing a variety of instruments.
- At minimum, two years of full time worship leadership experience OR three years
of significant part time worship leadership experience. Experience in a wide variety of worship style environments is a big plus.
- Excellent references that can testify not only to his skills and leadership ability but also to his character.
- Technical skills (or the ability to learn how) to utilize a wide variety of equipment including computers, sound systems, video projection equipment and software, digital audio recording, etc.
A complete job description, listing of job requirements, and an overview of our search process can be found at: http://niblickroadbaptist.com/#/serve/worship-pastor-search
Interested qualified candidates may send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cover Letter
3. Audio/Video Demo (a download link is preferred)