To serve the church by providing the implementation of the Amigos Ministries mission and vision and alignment of the staff and lay leaders, thus allowing the Lead Pastor to focus on the overall vision and direction of the Hispanic Ministry.
Some of the primary duties include:
- In participation with the Amigos Lead Pastor, establish and execute departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
- Oversee daily operations, encouraging teamwork, mutual support, and providing leadership to staff members and key lay leaders.
- Participate in staff meetings and retreats, giving leadership as requested.
- Cooperate with the Amigos Lead Pastor by performing any other duties when assigned or instructed.
- Teach as needed.
- Conduct weddings, funerals and baptisms as requested.
- Work with appropriate committees and leaders in carrying out the ministry of the church, denomination, and community.
- Cooperate with the Pastor of Amigos Ministries by performing any other duties when assigned or requested.
- In conjunction with the Amigos Lead Pastor, set the agenda and lead various levels of staff meetings and gatherings.
- Provide day-to-day direction and supervision of staff.
- Under the Amigos Lead Pastor, set clear direction for the entire organization so that every ministry division is properly aligned with the mission, values, and strategies of the church.
- Create a staff environment that embraces and lives out the values of the church.
- Meet regularly with ministry leaders to support, encourage, develop, and guide the implementation of ministry plans, the development of volunteers, and management of the challenges that arise in ministry.
- Provide oversight, guidance, and counsel to the Ministry Associate of Operations in the areas of weekend services, leadership development, events, weekday programs, and administrative support.
- Plan and facilitate staff enrichment times (group social gatherings and retreats).
- Work with the Amigos Lead Pastor and Ministry Associate of Operations to develop strategies that carry out the mission of the church, including the establishment of goals, milestones of progress, and key benchmarks of performance.
- Ensure mission, values, and strategies are communicated to leadership and the church body.
- Coordinate the alignment of the staff, key volunteers, and programs toward the achievement of established strategies and goals.
- Hold staff and lay leaders accountable through periodic evaluations of effectiveness of strategies.
- Work with the Amigos Lead Pastor in generating a strategic and operational plan for the development of future campus.
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Yorba Linda Friends Church.
Experience, Education and Licensure: A masters degree in related field and a minimum five years experience in ministry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must become commissioned through EFCSW.
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Must be bilingual and bicultural. Must speak and write both English and Spanish fluently. Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills and mathematical skills. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products. Must be a self-starter. Must be confidential, flexible, accurate and have good follow-up skills. Must be well organized and have strong management skills. Must have skills and passion for teaching, training, equipping, and discipling others.
ABILITY: Ability to understand, teach and live out Biblical truths. Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information with clarity (in both English and Spanish). Ability to identify problems, and exhibit both inductive and mathematical reasoning. Ability to travel. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, and flexible hours and duties, as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Dana Anderson at email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
Associate MinisterAlliance for Transatlantic Theological Training
- 2 Blackburne Place, Not Assigned
- November 30
Executive Pastor of MinistriesBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- November 29