COVENANT BAPTIST CHURCH
DIRECTOR of CHILDREN MINISTRY and FAMILY MINISTRIES
Principal Function: The Director of Children’s Ministry will be responsible for the planning, promotion, and implementation of a comprehensive program to develop Kingdom
Hearted children and will be responsible to the Senior Pastor.
We recognize the Children’s Ministry Director to be the Staff Liaison for each of the various ministries listed below and to provide ministry teams, volunteers and lay leaders the assistance, coordination and evaluation necessary to provide a quality children’s
ministry. To develop, expand, and evaluate ministry opportunities for children (birth - 5th grade) and their families.
The Children’s Ministry Director should have a personal and growing walk with Jesus Christ; good oral and written communication skills; able to relate well with all ages as an adult.
1. Assist the Senior Pastor in areas of church life which he deems feasible. This may include participating in worship services, church-wide outreach, and hospital and home visitation as it relates to children and their families.
2. Attend the weekly Church Staff Team meetings.
3. Represent Covenant at associational, state, and national denominational settings as deemed necessary.
4. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and the Personnel Committee.
II. CHILDREN: (Birth - 5th Grade) Each of these individual responsibilities apply to children, ages birth through fifth grade, and their families:
1. Develop and coordinate an intentional evangelism and discipleship strategy for children.
2. Assist with Children’s Christian Education and Training opportunities: This includes Sunday School, VBS, AWANA, Bible Drill and other events/organizations.
3. Leader/Teacher Recruiting and Training: Work with the Spiritual Gifts Committee and department/ministry directors to enlist leaders/teachers and to develop a plan of ongoing training and support.
4. Children’s Music Ministry: Partner with Minister of Music and Worship to promote and encourage participation in the various Children’s Music Ministry opportunities.
5. Children’s Ministry Team: Identify potential team members and assist in coordinating, planning and evaluating activities, to incorporate into all aspects of Children’s Ministry.
6. Recognition and Visibility: Promotion of Children’s Ministry to congregation, children, parents, church prospects and the greater community. This may be accomplished through various means: newsletters, website, e-mails, bulletin boards, videos, worship
service participation, etc.
7. Summer Ministry: Plan, develop and coordinate a comprehensive Summer Children’s Ministry which includes VBS, regularly scheduled weekly ministries, and special events.
8. Special Seasonal Events: To include seasonal festivals, special Christmas and Easter events, and church-wide events such as AJ Park, Family Beach Retreats, and the Covenant Carnival.
9. Family Development: Develop and coordinate enrichment programs and retreats, and provide publications (i.e. Newsletter) for families/parents support.
10. Nursery: Staff Liaison to oversee nursery activities to include workers, security system, welcome center, facility maintenance, and for church-wide special events.
11. Budget: Develop and administer monies for all above mentioned areas.
12. Develop connection process for visiting prospective families with children (i.e. Connection Teams, Children’s Ministry brochures, home visitation).