Swansboro United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Christian Education. We are a thriving 1,500 member church located on the beautiful Crystal Coast of North Carolina. The DCE will coordinate a ministry of Christian Education with volunteers
so that children, youth and adults are introduced to Jesus Christ and nurtured as disciples to follow Christ and love their neighbors. This is a full-time salaried position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Strong candidates will possess:
- Excellent leadership skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- The ability to multi-task.
- A passion for youth and working with young people -- empowering people in service, mission, and discipleship.
- The capacity to recruit, equip, supervise, and work collaboratively with volunteers.
- The ability to work well in a team environment.
- A person with a strong spiritual foundation committed to Jesus Christ and to the church.
- A Bachelor's Degree or 2 - 3 years comparable experience.
- Experience in ministry with children, youth, and adults is preferred.
- Graduate studies in Christian Education is welcomed.
- Understanding and support of The United Methodist Church's doctrine in all areas of faith and practice is expected.
For a full job description please visit swansboroumc.org and click the "Employment Opportunities" tab. Resumes may be submitted via email to the Rev. Angelo Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org.