Family Heritage Church Worship Minister
Worship Ministry Leadership
Vision – Work with the Senior Pastor to lead the Worship ministry, Worship team, and church in a Biblical theology of worship.
Relationships/Shepherding – Cultivate relationships with worship ministry participants and keep elders aware of any relevant and pressing ministry needs
Ministry goals and needs – Take an active role in determining ministry goals and proposing steps to elders to meet those goals (including discipleship, budgeting, purchases, and other issues.)
Worship Meetings – Organize (at least quarterly) worship meetings, to evaluate current direction of the ministry and establish direction for next series of weeks.
- Work with Senior Pastor and/or worship team members in establishing personal, God-honoring interview process for all potential worship ministry participants.
- Work with Senior Pastor and/or worship team members to interview potential worship ministry participants to ensure Christian testimony, Christ-likeness, church membership, relevant skill/giftedness, and availability of all worship ministry participants.
Staff meetings – Attend weekly pastoral staff meeting for ministry planning and coordination.
Bachelor’s Degree desired; Master’s Degree preferred
Preparation for Sunday Worship Service:
Rehearsal – Coordinate a weekly rehearsal for worship team, other than Sunday mornings.
Lyric Integrity – Edit and synchronize lyrics between overheads and worship team each Sunday.
Overheads – Create slide presentation for Sunday morning worship services.
Order of Services – Work with Senior Pastor to review the flow and content of each service.
Lineup Selection – Put together weekly lineups for worship team members.
Welcome and Announcements – Coordinate men for Sunday Welcome and Announcements, pray for offering.
Welcome and Announcements – Coordinate men for Sunday Scripture reading.
- Lead Sunday morning worship in music, coordinate worship leaders in absence, develop and disciple potential worship leaders.
- Lead and/or coordinate worship for Wednesday evening youth ministry
- Lead and/or coordinate worship for special events and retreats.
Offering and Communion assistance – Coordinate the rotation for ushers, communion preparation and administration.
Baptism Assistance – Coordinate preparation of the baptismal for service.
Special Events – Coordinate music for special events (Christmas season, Resurrection Sunday, children’s programs, and others).
Master Songbook – Compile, regularly update, and frequently circulate updated songbook to worship members.
Overhead Lyric Project – Work through the list of all songs in Master Songbook to create authoritative slides and insert pages for future reference and use.
CCLI – Manage all accounts and dealings with CCLI, with any needed help of other worship leaders and members.
Pastoral Assistance – Occasionally assist Pastoral Staff and/or elders in attending to ministry needs in the congregation.
Study – Study and interaction with Senior and Associate Pastors of assigned materials.