Full Time Director of Worship and Music
2014 Sparta Evangelical Free Church Sparta, NJ
The person in this position will enable the church to worship and express genuine gratitude to the Lord God Almighty and our Savior, Jesus Christ, through leadership skill, gifting and musical talent.
- Has personally received God’s gift of Salvation through Christ
- Demonstrates mature Christian character as evidenced by a sincere heart for God and a meek heart to serve others- (Philippians 2: 3-4)
- Endorse and support core values and beliefs of the Sparta Evangelical Free Church as expressed in the EFCA and the church's constitution and by-laws as well as policies and procedures.
- Is gifted and trained in the field of church music, audio/visual arts, drama and applicable technology
- Balances and blends broad styles of music, both vocal and instrumental, to evoke worship
- Has a confirmed calling to this ministry • Meets Biblical qualifications - (1 Timothy 3: 1-7)
- Bachelor's degree in church music, music education or equivalent preferred
- Proven record of exceptional performance in worship ministry leadership
- Positive-at all times but especially when under pressure or when faced with difficult people or circumstances (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Caring-to all people but particularly those in need or exhibiting weakness
- Serving-as a way of life but specifically in regard to this position
- Cooperative-with staff, volunteers, and congregation
- Supportive-of the Pastor, staff and lay leaders of the church
- Willing-"Whatever it takes"
- Christ-like-in everything
- Creative-takes a fresh approach, thinks outside "the box"
- Initiative-sees a need and, instinctively, moves to meet it
- Flexible-to respond to the ever-changing requirements of a ministry environment
- Organization-moves random activities toward effective and efficient functions
- Professional-exudes professionalism and strives for excellence
- Leader-of self, individuals and teams
- Communicator- Effectively communicates the Word of God in both word and deed.
- Problem solver-addressing and overcoming challenges by using Biblical principles
- Able to deal discretely and, where necessary, confidentially with information concerning individuals as well as church life and ministry
• Bring glory to God through the gift of worship and music
• Lead and coordinate the music ministry of the church
o Select and catalog new and existing music and materials
o Schedule and oversee vocal and instrumental teams for worship services, and other events in coordination with the Worship Committee (such as ...cantatas, holiday programs, special services, & drama events, etc)
o Oversee all other music organizations ( i.e., choir, ensembles, youth, children, audio visual, ushers)
o Recruit, develop and direct individuals in the church family to utilize their gifts & talents to serve in the music ministry
o Oversee the purchase, maintenance and repair of all musical instruments and audio visual equipment
o Coordinate with the pastor to provide meaningful worship to each service
• Create a worshipful environment
o Lead the church family in God-centered worship
• Plan and administer the worship ministry budget
• Assume administrative responsibilities associated with the worship and music ministry
• Assist pastoral team when and where necessary
• This person will report to the Senior Pastor
• This person will work in cooperation as a team member of the church staff.
Please answer the following questions:
1. Describe briefly, your philosophy of worship reflecting on the purpose of worship, God’s role in worship, the worshippers’ role, the role of the worship leader and style of worship.
2. Describe your calling into the ministry.
3. Describe your process for preparing for a Sunday morning service.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Praise & Worship LeaderFamily Praise Center
- Vinita, Oklahoma
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship Ministry DirectorArvada Church of God
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1