Vision for University Ministry: Emmanuel Baptist Church, located in Pullman, WA, is seeking a University Pastor. Currently our church is made of up of mostly young families with children, with some students attending (40-60). Within a ten mile radius of our church, there are 55,000 people, with 33,000 of those being university students. Only around 10% of those students are attending an evangelical church. Our vision is to find a leader for university students who can develop a ministry to reach students for Christ, disciple students, equip students to serve within the context of the church and in the community, and challenge them to be involved in missions (in our area and around the world).
We feel that if a person has the passion to reach college students this ministry can easily flourish within the context of our church family. The church staff is looking forward to working with someone who can provide the necessary leadership to reach students and challenge our church to engage the university community.
About Emmanuel Baptist Church:
· History: 45 years old with a strong and stable ministry in the Pullman/Moscow area.
· Location: Pullman, WA (Home of Washington State University. Also, the University of Idaho is seven miles away in Moscow).
*Attendance: We average around 400 in two worship services when school is in session.
*Music: mainly contemporary with some traditional elements
*Preaching: biblical & applicable to life
*Three full-time pastors (Senior Pastor, Worship Pastor, & Youth Pastor)
*Half-time Children’s Director
*Part-time Pastor to Internationals
*Full-time Administrative Assistant
Responsibilities of the University Pastor:
· Strategize and implement effective outreach to unchurched students.
· Strategize and implement effective discipleship to church students.
· Seek to integrate university students in the life and ministries of our church.
· Recruit and develop a team of volunteers (students and other adults) to provide leadership within the University Ministry.
· Cast vision, communicate the University Ministry philosophy of ministry, and implement structure and strategy of the University Ministry.
· Work with current pastoral staff to provide input and leadership in various aspects of church ministry.
· At least a Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of two years leadership experience in a university ministry
· Proven ability to reach and disciple university students
· Meets moral and character qualities of church leaders as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
Salary: DOE (Half-Time)
$1750-2250 per month plus health benefit
Initially, we are able to fund this position for half-time, but our goal is for this to be a full-time paid position as quickly as possible. With such great potential, we feel that as the ministry grows, the church family will respond with generous giving to insure this position is full-time. Another option we would consider is for someone to raise half the support so that they could begin with full-time funding.
Submit resume with a cover letter and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
College PastorPrivate Profile
- College Town, Oklahoma
- October 19
Faith Formation CoordinatorTrinity Lutheran Church
- Kent, Ohio
- October 12
Student Ministries Campus Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Homer Glen, and New Lenox, Illinois
- October 7
Youth Pastor - Texas (12116)The Shepherd's Staff
- South USA, Texas
- October 3
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29